/ Worst aspects of living in Poland?
- The aftermath of war, Warsaw and many other cities are standing on a masacre site, with the energy of millions of murdered people in the ground, If one is attuned to energy , there is a paltable tension on the street of warsaw. laugh if you want but it's true.
- the aftermath of communism, Poland is not like a western country it has its own values and ways of doing things. I found it difficult to make friends as people were generally suspiscious of a stranger being friendly, (of course i was travelling solo and not relying on family or job etc to establish commonality with people. Vodka helps of course.
- Because getting rich is new , materialism is the new religion and the first thing you are judged on. Poles were happy that the opera/concert hall in Poland was covered in advertising as this was a sign of progress. People were tripping out that I had dreadlocks, wore alternative clothes, yet was staying at the sobieski for months, they thought i was the son of an oligarch and all these business people in ties were giving me their business cards, but still suspicious of course.
-If you speak Polish with an accent, you will always be a foreigner to people, even if you were born there.
- Lack of a proper social welfare system , leading to crime, scams people freezing in the street.
- the stigmatisation and general unsympathy to mental health and alcoholism/drug addiction.
- the extreme culture wars far beyond anything i've seen before, half the political class thinks the other half murdered their leaders at smolensk. The other half regard their opponents as totalitarian fascists. Only ukraine is worse.
- Extreme poverty in the counryside leading to women coming to the big cities to become prostitutes or parents leaving the country and their kids stay behind looked after by babcia.
- General business ineficiency and lack of logic - I mean why is there Peron and Tor? Can't we just have one number for a platform like in normal countries?! Metro construction most expensive in europe due to corruption. stage 2 3km? wat a joke
- The former SB/UB higher ups and their children who are now men of capitalism, have no regard to the rule of law and control large sections of the economy.
- The skinheads and hooligans who will bash you as a pedał for giving them a hug.
- The expats who married a polish hottie but hate poland and resentfull about being ordered around by their wife and her family.
Rant over :)