School life always comes to still
Comes to a standstill, of course.
Coming back to my Ukrainian students. We often talk when I monitor the corridor during breaks. Of course in English coz I don`t know Ukrainian and my knowledge of Russian doesn`t allow for a free conversation.
What do they think of Polish school? I mean their opinions based on their views and earlier expectations on Poland as a European country, instead of simply comparing Polish and Ukrainian systems
They noticed the following pros:
- good, dedicated, helpful teachers.
- friendly atmosphere, no violence, very few cases of bullying etc.
- a lot of special days, celebrations, theatricals, traditions.
- Ukrainian students are allowed to use phones for translation while in class. Polish students mustn`t. :):)
- crowded classes
- too many tests
- science subjects like biology, physics lectured mostly in theory, no experiments in chemistry class etc
- difficulty with analysing Polish literature, especially poetry, due to language inadequacy.
- Polish students are sometimes too reserved and shun a closer contact with Ukrainians.