The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Law  % width posts: 7

Applying for Karta Pobytu (TRC) while on visa-free from the UK?

15 Jun 2021 #1
Hello All,

Potentially obvious question, but:

I'm a UK citizen married to a Polish citizen. I'm flying out to Poland in August on the visa-free 90 day. Can I just apply for temporary residence at the voivodeship office while I'm there, or do I need to apply for a visa before I travel and then apply for the TRC? Any advice is appreciated, especially re: doing this in Warsaw.
PolAmKrakow 2 | 913
15 Jun 2021 #2
You can only file for KP when you are actually in Poland.
OP ConcernedBrit
17 Jun 2021 #3
I understand, my question was more just making sure I can arrive in Poland on the regular 90 day visa free arrangement and apply for the KP once I'm there?
Cargo pants 3 | 1,500
17 Jun 2021 #4
Yes you can,but if you intend to stay longer then 90 days you can apply for a longer visa in the consulate before.
OP ConcernedBrit
19 Jun 2021 #5
Okay, but I understand that if my application for
KP is submitted correctly then I am able to stay from date of application until I get an outcome either way?
PolAmKrakow 2 | 913
19 Jun 2021 #6
Yes. Depending on where you file and live, processing times will be varied. Krakow is roughly 6 to 9 months, some smaller cities are 90 days. That said, you need to have an apartment lease in your application or it will for sure get denied. You also can not work until you get a residency and work permit approval.
OP ConcernedBrit
19 Jun 2021 #7

Thank you, very helpful.

Home / Law / Applying for Karta Pobytu (TRC) while on visa-free from the UK?