and yet it doesn't make the US a third world country.
But we are on the best way to become one:
- 50+ million people without health insurance
- Medicare and Medicaid as we know it about to be disposed (sooner or later, depending on when the Republicans are back in power)
- Ever increasing costs for healthcare (some plans have yearly rate increases of 20% and more)
- Social Security bankrupt soon
- Public school system in shambles
- Exploding costs for higher education ($ 1 trillion in student loan debt)
- Unemployment rate for the 16 - 25 year olds: approx. 18%
- Decreasing home values
- and so on and so forth
And what's Mitt's idea? Increase the military budget... :)
but those same poor people will NEVER be refused health care because they don't have insurance
And who pays for these people? The ones that still have a job. Have you ever asked yourself how much longer that will that be possible given the fact that costs are exploding everywhere (see above)?