The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered [1]  |  Archives [1] 
Witamy, Guest  |  Members
Home / Real Estate9

What is the process involved in selling a house in Poland from abroad?

Cesia 2 | -    
18 Jan 2013  #1

How does one go about selling a house - already registered in my name - from abroad? Is it difficult/safe to just choose a lawyer from internet? Any suggestions?

MoOli 9 | 384    
18 Jan 2013  #2

It can be done by a power of attorney.The problem is if you will get the right price.You need a property management company as lawyers will not just do the job.If you know the current price etc get in touch and I might be able to help you.Other choice is advertise in NOWE DZEINNIK news paper published from new york.
gumishu 10 | 4,188    
18 Jan 2013  #3

you need to visit Poland at least to hire a lawyer (signing the contract in Polish)
Zibi - | 336    
18 Jan 2013  #4

Not true, my friend never left USA to 1. legally inherit property and then 2. to sell it.

Contact this lady, I know her personally to have executed such transactions. She will intruct you as to what to do. Speaks english as well.
DagmaraK - | 3    
18 Jan 2013  #5

You can grant somebody here a power of attorney to sale on your behalf as sale/purchase of a property in Poland must be finalised in the form of a notarial deed (Polish Civil Code). The power of attorney has to be accompanied by so called 'apostille' – according to the Hague Convention that Poland, USA and most European countries have ratified. Such certificate is issued by a competent state agency. If you live in a country that has not ratified the Convention (eg. Canada) the document can be legalized by a consular officer of your country. If the documents are in English, have to be translated into Polish by state-registered translator. You should also consult content and wording of the power of attorney with a Polish lawyer as certain clauses are obligatory.

I hope this is helpful.
27 Apr 2016  #6

Merged: Selling Apartment in Poland when living in US

My wife is Polish and owns a flat in Zielona Gora. Her sister currently lives in the flat, but will be moving to the states in the June. Does anyone know the process in order to give my sister-in-law the power to sell the apartment? Documents needed? Thanks.
terri 1 | 1,105    
27 Apr 2016  #7

Your wife needs to go to a 'Notariusz' and arrange a power of attorney to your sister. Should cost approx 300 pln maybe less. Documents needed: Id/passport and Act Notarialny to show who owns the flat.
19 Apr 2017  #8

Hi my dad bought a house shell on a plot of land in a village near Krakow. He did it all up and he and my mum spent their summers there, He passed away four years ago and all paperwork to do with the transfer into Mum's name has been done. We have a lawyer here in the Uk (polish) ad also in Poland too. The problem is that although the house is all fine Dad never got round to doing the paperwork which would give it its' proper number - so essentially it's a meadow. The kierownik budowy has said it will cost about 1500 gbp for all that and a couple of unfinished jobs to be completed. We just want to sell as it stands. It''s oo painful/stressful to go through anymore with it. What is the best way forward. We have been guessing at the price...did have interested buyer but she wanted it finished first? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
cms 9 | 801    
19 Apr 2017  #9

If you're talking about the plot numbering then you absolutely must get that done - especially if the plot was subdivided in the past. No buyer will be able to get a mortgage registered without that. 1500 is on the high side but not an unreasonable price for solving your problem.

Home / Real Estate / What is the process involved in selling a house in Poland from abroad?
Click this icon to move up back to the quoted message. Bold Italic [quote]

To post as a guest, enter a temporary and unique username or login and post as a member.