dolnoslask, i appreciate your bad experience, yet you talk a lot of rubbish.
Not so. Poles buy cheap, sell high. Don't you?
I would have to be an idiot to buy a second hand car from a Pole, and I am many things but not that. Next!
I've bought four cars in Poland,
Fair play to you Roger. My reasons against:
1. (Some) Poles race through the gearbox, and ride the clutch to spin the wheels.
2. Salt on road corrodes
3. Driven on Polish roads. A MAJOR no-no.
4. Poor economy. Not sold to "Get rid", but as a financial transaction (which is fair enough, but prices are often plain daft)
5. My general dislike of beating down a ridiculous price. If the price is stupid, I would rather go the pub.
6. Lack of clarity with the cars' history (How many owners etc)
Germany or Holland every time for me secondhand. Holland less so as the Dutch are tight wads and don't understand realities either. Thank God for the Krauts - normal people.