The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Law  % width posts: 18

Appeal for refusal of residence permit in Poland

Polnik21 1 | 1
15 Nov 2014 #1
I want to know if anyone had any experience when the residence permit was refused if you are a student here.
The reason of my refusal is no notary proof original documents and less funds.. (funds were sufficient just the sworn translator made some mistakes that I didn't notice before as I don't know polish and I blindly trusted it)

Now it's appeal time for 2 weeks.
Does anyone knows what can be done now? If I can get the residential permit or if not so what's the best way to stay and continue my studies for which I have already paid full fees.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions are most welcome.
Looker - | 1,134
15 Nov 2014 #2
A foreigner who is dissatisfied with the decision of the Voivode may appeal to the Head of the Office for Foreigners (UdsC) in Warsaw, via the Voivode who issued the decision. A written appeal should be filed within 14 days of the date of receipt of the decision.
The foreigner may file an appeal against the decision of the Head of the Office for Foreigners in an administrative court within 30 days of the date of receipt of the decision.
Important: filing an appeal in an administrative court does not legalise the stay. This means that unless the foreigner has another valid document authorising them to stay in Poland, they should leave Poland.

You have to fix every shortcomings and mistakes which were demonstrated in the refusal letter. If the major issue was the translation, go to another sworn translator and notary one more time.

Attach to the appeal the proof of paid tuition fees, it's important.
And remember about the deadline of your legal stay in Poland...
OP Polnik21 1 | 1
15 Nov 2014 #3
Yes I'm trying to fix that with the appeal letter and going to submit this time with all the minor and major things that they mentioned in the letter. Thanks for your reply.. Means a lot 
5 Oct 2015 #4
Merged: Karta pobytu- wondering what the process is like?

I have recently moved to Poland(I am a Canadian citizen)....I have a job here and only arrived less than 3 weeks ago. I have a form from my employer which is 'zezwolenie na prace cudzoziemca' but I must apply for a karta pobytu in order to stay for more than 3 months. I want to do this legally. I am wondering what the process is like and for what reasons would I be denied this card? I have googled this matter and am having trouble finding the info I need.....dziękuję bardzo za pomóc=)
Polsyr 6 | 758
5 Oct 2015 #5
Hi Dave,

If you are in Warsaw then all the info you need is here: click on "residence".
5 Oct 2015 #6
I'm in Katowice, but I will look at this information, thanks=)
1 Jun 2017 #7

TRP negative decision

I applied for Poland TRP. I filed my case through lawyer and after submitting my documents and came back to my home country. I got decision stating that am not available in Poland (inspection). I got no stamp on passport so as my Schengen visa expired I came. I am going to make an appeal my decision came on 15may2017 and I filed appeal on 01june17. guide me it will come positive or what to do
sonalkanani - | 1
9 Nov 2018 #8
I have same problem I paid total fees to university and everything was ok but my lawyer didn't resubmitted my document and I got rufusal reason same... If you find a way please let me know. I have 14 days to appeal and what should I do in this 14 days? should I live here or I need to leave poland?
20 Nov 2018 #9
Hi.i got a refusal letter just for indicates that i only have 30 days togo home or 14 days to re appeal for my so down and i dont know what to do.the reason for my refusal is wrong accommodation address..the one taking care of my processing and documents told me that i might have a very samll chances that i will get a possitive theres anything i can do to have a possitive decision if i re appeal on my case?
5 Feb 2020 #10
what if someone forgot to appeal in 14 days after refusal?
Einstein 7 | 54
21 May 2020 #11
After 14 days it is too late to appeal. But if you happen to have some other legal basis for remaining in the country you can submit a new application.
PurvakP - | 2
3 Nov 2020 #12
Hi. I had a very bad situation one time. When I was applying for the first time, I got a negative decision and I didn't know that it was possible to submit appeal at that time. So I went to a few lawyers and it was already 3 weeks after I received the paper. I was told that it is too late to submit appeal and I can only go back to my country. To be honest, I was in shock. Luckily, my friend advised me to go to one more company which has a pretty good reputation. These guys told me that even though it was too late to submit the appeal they have the connections with the governmental offices, and they can continue and make my appeal process positive. I was not sure at the beginning but I had no choice, so I agreed to give my case to them and I didn't make a mistake. It took them around 7 month to get positive decision for me. I am really thankful to this company, big time because otherwise I would probably be illegal. Now I am already doing my second card through them and advise it to my friends. So if you have any problems or you got negative decision these guys can make process fast even when you have a terrible situation.
Cargo pants 3 | 1,500
3 Nov 2020 #13
they have the connections with the governmental offices

How much are they paying you as a salary?or do you own this consultancy?
Jatinder_Singh77 - | 3
4 Nov 2020 #14
What?:) Bro, you don't know how many of my friends got cheated by the companies which made them illegal in the end or run away with their money. To find a good consultancy in Poland it is very rare this is the only reason I posted this. Be safe and God bless you
benjons015 - | 1
13 Mar 2023 #15

TRC for foreigner in Poland

hello, i would like to ask if there is a chance i will get a TRC after i got two refusal since applied for TRC, after i didn't finish school i tried to apply for TRC with document from my job but i still get refusal
cms neuf 1 | 1,730
13 Mar 2023 #16
You came on a student visa then overstayed ?

It will certainly be difficult but speak to a lawyer
Sasa1234 - | 1
10 May 2024 #17
Is it worth it to appeal to administrative court after negative decision from foreigners office
lawyer - | 4
18 May 2024 #18
Yes, it is worth it because an administrative court is authorized to overturn a negative decision and issue a positive one according to your claim. I am a lawyer based in Poland, so I could help you with your case, if you want to. Email: sligecki(at)

Home / Law / Appeal for refusal of residence permit in Poland