Other threads have become slow and I have found some more time to go through our posts here again. Probably my mind was preoccupied with sth else before, now I see things more clearly.
So, you are worried that the guy is not pushing you into more intimate relationship. You expected some action on his part, e.g., during your trip, but nothing happened. You are afraid he wants to remain on friendly terms only instead of love.
However, it is somewhat confusing to know if this man wants more eventually or is just being a good guy
As I said before, the reasons might be versatile. If we brainstorm ideas, here what comes out of it:
I don`t count what you already said: polite, good manners etc.
1. He might be a devout Catholic who doesn t engage in premarital sex.
2. He might be extremely shy and never had sex before.
3. He considers himself unattractive.
4. He considers you unattractive.
5. He might be impotent because of mental disorders or traumas.
6. He might be physically impaired, like a war veteran.
7. He might be completely asexual, ie. not interested in sex.
8. He might be gay but is uncertain about it and wants to make sure.
9.. He might be bi and has a dilemma which side he prefers.
10. He must ask his mother first.
I guess time will tell
Yes, as always. .
pushing you into more
Sorry, I meant: pressing on you to engage in
Point 8 could be developed into 8B: he is gay and perfectly knows about it but he hangs around with you to convince others he isn`t.