So again, what makes Polish DL inferior to the UK one?
OK Fatman - so you really want to know why?
British people generally know the Highway code and don't pull out in front of oncoming traffic - just to cite one example. A Polish licence is tainted by association - that is - the holder may well have been taught by a Polish instructor.
Why are there so many bad Polish drivers? Because the instructors and the driving test itself are working in the wrong
Polish examples that spring to my ageing mind:
1. The cone "system" where the learner has to reverse along a circular line of cones. I've never had to do that on the road under real conditions - so why invent it? If it wasn't for real I would think the Monty Python team had been at work again.
2. Learners driving on busy roads in rush hour when they are absolute beginners. Driving experience needs to be graded to build correct driving procedure.
3. Instructors need to enforce the rule that you NEVER pull out from a standing start - causing other road users to brake hard. Never. In the UK driving test that is an instant fail.
4. Mirror-signal-manoevre. instructors here have no clue about that simple concept.
5. Could be wrong but the hand signal to turn is outlawed here. Why?
6.Flashing of lights to let others go is illegal. Why?
7.If you signal to change lane the driver behind deliberately speeds up to cut you out of the lane. Why?. Why didn't the instructor teach him good ettiquette?
8. Learn the Highway code. Right of way to pedestrians, then cyclists and pedestrians.
9. Drive according to the conditions and keep up with the traffic flow, and don't hop from lane to lane FFS!!!
10. Pedestrian crossings. foot on road - driver should stop, if safe to do so.
Polish drivers generally have NO clue - due solely to poor instruction, based on outmoded testing -which does not move with the times - and I for one don't want their licence, as I have a UK one - which engenders some confidence and respect
- as I was properly tested and should know how to drive
Also road layouts are nonsense and I was talking to a group of Gdansk civil engineers who are actually proud that they installed 26 sets of traffic lights between Gdynia and Gdansk - without a roundabout or traffic contraflow in sight.
Idiots - so what hope is there?