/ MNE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY , LOFTS, U SCHEIBLERA, LODZ
Yes you are right in everything you said.
The are many many problems with the Opal Development in Tymienieckiego.
1. The heating does not work in bigger apartments (as you described). This is a big problem
2. Many apartments and common areas have oil which leaked from the old textle machinery into the walls years ago and is coming through the plaster. We had to change our apartment because they could not solve the problem.
3. When they constructed the building they reduced the thickness of the sound insulation in the floor and the screed on top was made thicker to save money.
4. The screed they put down as a floor finish is substandard. The finished screed has a hard skin on the top surface but underneath the screed is soft and crumbly - classic signs that the mixture is too weak - again proberbly to save money.
5. The finish screed was suppose to have reinforcement mesh in - there is no reinforcent in the screed.
6 . The roof leaks.
7. The door entry system does not work.
8. Tiles and plaster are falling off the walls in the stairwell area - again problem with oil leaching through the walls
9. No services installed for the kitchen areas (water / drains).
10. There is a ventilation system in the building - vertical pipes with outlets serving all rooms. We have had to block the ventilation grilles up because it is continually blowing very fine black and white dust into the apartment. The dust gets into everything. We have had throw out one TV which was destroyed by the dust.
The development was late finishing and they had problems getting labour to finish the development. The used cheap foreign labour. The building on the face of it looks good, but it is superficial. The build quality is very, very poor.
The list above is just an example - the futher I look the more problems I see.
The developer OPAL DEVELOPMENTS are building other projects in Tymienieckiego. They are a walking disaster. They are now trying to sell the remaining apartments (possibly 200 Nr) off cheap.
If anyone wants a real challenge buy one...... Alternatively you could open a window and throw your money out the window - it would cheaper and less stress..
In conclusion and following legal advice I will be starting criminal proceedings against some of the people at Opal Developments for the lies and deception (I have lost 613,000PLN). I have kept a detailed account of this purchase going nearly 6 years now and he is disgusted at what he has read from OPAL DEVELOPMENTS.I am in Poland now speaking with local media to publicise what has actually be going on here. I won't get my money back and I will lose the apartment - but I will make public what this company has been doing.