Władysław Tryliński (1878-1956) - Polish transportation engineer. He invented and patented (1935) a technology of road paving with hexagonal pre-cast concrete-stone blocks - nicknamed "trylinka" after his surname.
The production of blocks was started in Brest (now Belarus) in the 1930s. The blocks were used to pave roads in Brest and other towns near Brest. The road Kobrin - Pinsk was paved with "trylinka". The pavement was strong enough to withstand numerous tanks and various heavy laden vehicles during the devastating war from 1941 till 1944. This type appeared to be the strongest of other types, invented in the 1930s. In the course of road reconstruction in the recent decade most of the trylinka pavement was replaced by asphalt. Fortunately, it remained, so far, in the Brest Fortress, in Pinsk, Stolin and some other places of Brest region.
Two blocks of trylinka by the road - after the pavement was replaced by asphalt.
region.brest-belarus.org/images/tryl_brest.jpg, Trylinka in the Brest Fortress
region.brest-belarus.org/stolin/hf2008/len8.jpg, Trylinka in Sovietskaya Street, Stolin
region.brest-belarus.org/stolin/p05.jpg Trylinka in old park Stolin
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/Tryl_stol.jpg] Trylinka on the road Stolin-Pińsk
See also Polish wikipedia, with some technical details, pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trylinka