Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / UK, Ireland  % width 371

Getting married to a Polish Citizen in the UK

curlyspy007 - | 93  
29 May 2007 /  #241
well it was the way you just came out with "The UK" that made me chuckle
Wroclaw 44 | 5,384  
29 May 2007 /  #242
Well it worked for me.
30 May 2007 /  #244
Wroclaw, do you need to live or work in the UK? At the moment niether of us live or work there. In the US, you have to wait like 6 months or more just to get a fiance visa, then get can't apply for a green card if we got married if he came in on some other visa, it's illegal. So any more ideas? What is the process in the UK? Thanks a lot! Milena.
away guy 10 | 343  
30 May 2007 /  #245
krysia 23 | 3,058  
30 May 2007 /  #246
Milena, you can get married in Poland but you need an OK from the Polish courts to accept a foreign marriage and that will take a few months.

And even if you get married in Poland, does not mean he will get a visa to the US. You will have to file a petition for a spousal visa and that takes 6-9 months, or longer.

I filed a fiance visa for my Polish boyfriend and he got it after 5 months.
The quickest way is If he could get a tourist visa and if you marry him before it expires, it is not illegal.
30 May 2007 /  #247
hey eluka ,,,,, i read ur stuff but may be you are misleaded by ur fiance i don't know for whatever reasons that if you marry in india you have to lose your passport and have to leave in india it's total ********** you are married in india that means that the indian home ministry will recognize you and your fiance as married and you are given a marrige certificate and you can not get married again until both of you sign a divorce agrrement and that's where it ends it does'nt deal with that you must live in india and will lose your passport heehe, but when you come to poland if you don't register here in the home office of poland then you still have a unmarried status here, so don't always follow your fiance 's word if you don't know the indian government policies and your government policies over civil marrige.
2 Jun 2007 /  #248
i'have got a card stay for one year.and i jest spend one year in lodz city and i came to poland to stady do i have all right to visit my ancul in france .to apply 4 a visa chengen
2 Jun 2007 /  #249
hi my name is frank w. i am looking my girlfriend polish please comunicate
3 Jun 2007 /  #250
i'm a student in poland and i have only a stay card ,am i allowed 2 enter 2 chengen zone,?WHAT IS MORE POLAND IS NEAR TO enter 2 chengen or So my question is do i have apply 4 visa 2 visit someone in holand or france and so on... and olse when does poland join chengen ,? this year or 2008 my e-mail is judoka_amine84@hotmail
5 Jun 2007 /  #251
hi amit,
You seem the smart one here ? Well here goes me situation,i reside in dubai i have an indian citizenship i was studying in ireland did me masters in software engg came over to dubai which i regret not a place for indian techies.To cut to the chase i fell in love with a beautiful polish woman and have been going around for 2 years we decided to tie the knot the coming august. The wedding would be in india with my family in a church (i am a catholic) she has got all her papers ready since the church anywhere in the world are strict when it comes to marriage we have all our church documents ready apart from that we need to get a doc from the embassy stating that we havent been married in the court.My question is i am getting plenty of offers in UK and back in ireland,after my wedding would i be able to relocate to ireland or uk without a work visa.

hey amit,
Appreciate if you could send in a response.

honestly lads i am an indian i would like to communicate this to all the hopeless uneducated
morons indians and pakis,please do not get married to get a polish or whatever citizenship and finally end up with a divorce its because of nincompoops like you lads the name of the indians are spoiled ,a few rotten apples can always make someone to discard the whole bunch.
Teng 1 | 14  
5 Jun 2007 /  #252
As I know from the UK law, if alex you came from out side EU then you need to apply the married cert from your country and then you can register from the council that you are living now.

I came from malaysia and I have a friend is getting married as well. so he told me many regulation in UK.

If you are married in poland then i do not know
away guy 10 | 343  
5 Jun 2007 /  #253
Yes you will nedd a letter of no impediment , after you have this you must go to the registry office and organise wedding and so on..
OP mo i asia  
12 Jun 2007 /  #254
hi there.any one need any information about the polish low.........!HOW TO GET MARRY IN POLAND.....!i am here to answer every thing.ok.let me know.

19 Jun 2007 /  #255
hi im turkish men , will be marrying my polish girl.. and want to come and live in england.. can someone tell me what are the requirements and how long will i get visa ... and will i get indefinate stay..

hi will you help me how can i get married with her and live in england.. thank you if you can guide me on the rules and regulation,.,,,....
away guy 10 | 343  
19 Jun 2007 /  #256
try googling British Embassy ...
sapphire 22 | 1,241  
29 Jun 2007 /  #257
hi im turkish men , will be marrying my polish girl.. and want to come and live in england.. can someone tell me what are the requirements and how long will i get visa ... and will i get indefinate stay..

i am interested to know why do you think you should get indefinite stay in the UK? why not live in Turkey or Poland? If you are that desperate to come to England wouldnt you be better off marrying an English woman.
29 Jun 2007 /  #258
you be better off marrying an English woman

hell nooooooooooooooo
19 Aug 2007 /  #260
1.They feel there is no future for them in Poland and they have a chance to travel
2. Money. Usually these pakistani guys are rich. They won't need to work
3. Grass is greener on the other side
4. They like the "exotic" look
5. They had an argument with their parents and do it in spite.
6. They are tired of eating pierogi all the time. They want some curri.
7. They prefer guys with darker skin and hair
8. They get paid money to marry so they get citizenship
9. They're the ugly ones who nobody else wants
10. They got drugged up

Based on what you said, I can tell you are mentally retarded and a product of incest. It explain why you are fat.

I hope realize India and Pakistan are NOT the same country and DO NOT worship the same religion. Your sound more like a moron from the U.S. then a cultured person from Poland.

I have met many Indian friends and and they are dating young Polish girls that look like models.
svengoola - | 69  
19 Aug 2007 /  #261
Your sound more like a moron from the U.S. then a cultured person from Poland.

You sound like a moron dude. You can't take a joke someone makes nor can you spell properly and you call others names because you must be out of incest yourself and you're the callous type who indecently inflatuates others who because of their nationality influnce your braod range of developement.

Get a life dude!
And do not mess with American women!!!!
Jonny 1 | 16  
19 Aug 2007 /  #262

I need help from all the people that has been deeply in love with somebody. It doesn't matter if he or she was Polish.

I live in the United States, but I'm from Mexico. My legal status in the US is currently not good, you know what I mean. I met a Polish girl while she came for a holiday. We felt in love with each other. We stayed togheter for like 5 months, but they felt like years. She was here on a tourist visa. When she left we decided to try to be together. It's been more than one year since she left, and I can't wait any longer I want to be with her. I'm 26 years old, She is 36 she's living and working in England. I graduated from Hihg School here in the United States, but because my lack of documents I couldn't go to college. I need advise. what can I do. I was thinking go to poland marry her, wait a couple years and maybe I can study and work over there. I was reading another message where the guy said you could get married in England and become polish resident. I don't have any knoledge about this, nor expirience My girlfrend neither. Porfavor ayudenme. Please help me. People tell me to forget about her, but I just don't see me living without her. Any advise and support will be greatly appreciated.

My email:
21 Aug 2007 /  #263
hi glowa, i found your answers more helping to peoples questions. no disrespect to others. i am a visitor to the uk and have a polish girlfriend who resides here in the uk, she has a stable job and her place of accomodation, we have been together for more than a year and wants to get married, we have both decided to go back to my country and get married, just currious if she needs to redgister or her prove of income and prove of recidency is all that is require to get me back to uk? please advice
sapphire 22 | 1,241  
21 Aug 2007 /  #264
jonny, as far as I know if you are Mexican and she is Polish, even if you get married in the UK you wont have the right to remain here. You can come on a tourist or student visa, but in order to stay indefinitely you would have to apply for British citizenship and would need to have been here for a number of years to do that. I think this applies to the last poster too, not sure what country you are from, but if you return there to get married, there is no guarantee that you will be able to come back to the UK, other than as a tourist.
szarlotka 8 | 2,208  
21 Aug 2007 /  #265
we have both decided to go back to my country and get married

This means you will find it much harder to come back to the UK. You will stand more of a chance if you marry here (and marriage in Poland will not help much. Even if you are married her you will have to convince the authorities that this is not a marriage of convenience and you will be granted only a two year residency status. At the end of two years you can apply for full residency status.

This is a quick overview. Your actual status here at present (student visa?) will impact the process. Basically this is a very complicated area and you probably need advice from an immigration lawyer
Jonny 1 | 16  
21 Aug 2007 /  #266

thank you szarlotka and shapphire. She is willing to leave London. I was thinking that if I go to Poland and marry her there, you said that after couple years I could get residency, right? I'm willing to risk everything to be with her, and just wanted to get advice from people that know more about it. Eventhough it's hard, what would you think would be the best bet, even if risky? When you said I would stand a better chance to marry her here? You mean Poland?
sapphire 22 | 1,241  
21 Aug 2007 /  #267
i think he means if you marry in the UK you would have a better chance of getting residency, but still very difficult.. so best to get proper legal advice or talk to someone who has done it. Love will conquer all.. I say take her to Mexico and live there..its a lovely country. Buen suerte.
Jonny 1 | 16  
21 Aug 2007 /  #268
The only problem with that is that she has a teenage daughter, it would be hard for her to go to Mexico with us.
Jambo 2 | 106  
21 Aug 2007 /  #269
Unfortunately you cannot get married in the UK. Poland perhaps. You need advice from good Polish immigration lawyer
Jonny 1 | 16  
21 Aug 2007 /  #270
Thanx Jambo, I apriciate your advice

Archives - 2005-2009 / UK, Ireland / Getting married to a Polish Citizen in the UKArchived