Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Life  % width 314

Polish Driving Licence.

Ranj 21 | 948  
8 Oct 2007 /  #91
I am living in the UK, is there any way to exchange my US one with Polish or I could pay for Genuine Polish DL if necessary.

Why not just get a UK license? It makes no sense for you to get a Polish Drivers license when you live in the UK?
9 Oct 2007 /  #92
I have a U.S. driving license but now I am living in the UK, is there any way to exchange my US one with Polish or I could pay for Genuine Polish DL if necessary.

Driving licenses are only issued in the country of residence, so to obtain a Polish driving you need to go and live in Poland. I very much doubt that you will be able to exchange your American driving license for a Polish one as this option is only open to people from within the EU, and in this case you would properly have to pass a driving test to obtain one.
randompal 7 | 306  
9 Oct 2007 /  #93
you would properly have to pass a driving test to obtain one.

unless the rules have changed recently, you will need to have your American licence translated into Polish, then fill out some paperwork and hand in a couple of photos of yourself, and yuu will get your Polish licence. That's how I did it, however I heard that now you have to take a written test (NOT driving test) in addition. good luck, either way it will be frustrating I am sure..
9 Oct 2007 /  #94
Well there you go!! I was told in the local office that this only applies to people from the EU, guess they and I are wrong :O)
dondonf - | 14  
9 Oct 2007 /  #95
visit this site :

"Holders of foreign driving licences which are listed and specified in the Convention on Road Traffic, may operate proper vehicles on the territory of the Republic of Poland for the period of 6 months from the beginning of either a temporal or permanent stay in Poland.

A holder of a driving licence issued outside the territory of the Republic of Poland may obtain a proper Polish driving licence having previously given the foreign licence to proper authorities responsible for issuing driving licences. If the foreign driving licence is not listed in the Convention on Road Traffic (for the list of countries which signed the convention see the table below), the person has to pass the national theory exam and submit a certified translation of the foreign licence."

from : hange.html
9 Oct 2007 /  #96
visit this site :

Great site!!! thanks dondonf :O)
segzdee - | 6  
9 Oct 2007 /  #97
We are currently dealing with Portuguese legal driving licenses, which are recognized both in Portugal and EU. EMAIL ME BACK IF INTERESTED.
17 Oct 2007 /  #98
Please can I have your email
18 Oct 2007 /  #99
hi somebody can help me here? i'm from indonesia, i have my dr. Lisence. without Polish Lisence, can i drive in here? how the rule here.... ? thanks
FISZ 24 | 2,116  
18 Oct 2007 /  #100
hi somebody can help me here?

Maybe if you can explain A not A, what they said D not D :/

I can drive in PL with a foreign license. Just have the papers for the car available.
Mark III  
23 Oct 2007 /  #101

I used the link to try to get in contact with several drivig schooles.

Since I dont speak Polish I wrote in english and wanted a reply in english and I also wanted them to give me information about how long time it would take and the cost for it.But I havent recived any answere.It would be in their own intrest to write back, but thats not seam to be the case.

So I wounder how to do to get in contact with a schoole that could help me get a license?
23 Oct 2007 /  #102
aaooow...FISZ, look that you active in this forum :D... you are the next one told me different answer... was a person in office registered told me i need to have polish driver lisence and they will returned my Dl to my country (it's stupid )... next one told me better to get International DL... in my country, Western can drive with their DL.... BUT honestly, i agree with you.... Cheers.... :)
dondonf - | 14  
24 Oct 2007 /  #103
To get Polish driving license you need to go to communication division of Urzad Dzielnicy and have with you:

1) Filled out application form (you will get it from them)
2) 1 photo (left semi profile, like you get for residency card)
3) sworn translation of your driving license
4) registration confirmation
5) residency card / passport

You will have to pay 71 PLN.
They work from 8:00 to 16:00 from Tuesday to Friday, and on Mondays from 10:00 to 18:00

When your Polish driving license will be ready you will have to live them your DL (from your country, they will send it back to home country)

Usually, whole the process will take up to 3 months.


for American citizens...
jdthebrit 2 | 50  
24 Oct 2007 /  #104
FFS Hello - this is classic Polish ********.
You harp on about PIS being the way forward and yet you advocate corruption? Anybody who sells a driving licence needs banging up in prison - not being encouraged.

Likewise - anyone who gets into the police car to "discuss" the amount of the fine is as bent and corrupt as the officials.This behaviour is perpetuating the disease and people who do this are guilty of collusion. I always cut the discussion short - I insist on being addressed properly, as I treat the police with respect - I am not "Pan John" for example - and just pay the fine with the proper paperwork.

Having said that, since the latest run in 3 years ago I do the 60 km an hour where demanded and just leave home earlier.

And that is why I will never apply for a Polish licence. With respect, there is no way I would relinguish my UK licence for everybody, as our standards are......somewhat higher than the standards demanded by your government.

No offence meant people - but I earnt that licence the hard way by learning to drive on British roads. The legal point is mute, as a British licence for a Britain settled in Poland is null and void - so I would happily get a Polish licence but I must be able to keep my British licence for when I travel to Britain. For obvious reasons a driver can only hold one licence but there are lots of ways round that problem anyway still apparently.

My view is nothing to do with nationalism - the Polish authorities could even do a communist trick, and hand me my British licence at the airport, but as said, no way am I driving overseas on a Polish licence - as it is not very favourably recieved in my local car hire firm.............

Whoever wrote when in Poland do as the Poles do wasn't interested in empowering everybody and reminding them that communism is dead and the battle is won, and now the small things are the things that really matter and are worth doing battle for.

For example, your transport registration department are communist through and through and can kiss my royal arse.

How much difficult it is to pass the driving test in Poland ?

LOL - I have bad news for you. First time you have absolutely zero chance. The test is entirely subjective and consists of doing something that you will never ever ever ever ever ever do ever again.

Namely, reversing in a closed tarmac area through lines of tightly packed traffic cones. LOL mother of GOD.
The only reason they devised this test is to steal your money when a rear wheel touches a cone which seemed to have moved......
Hopefully PO will stop this nasty corrupt way of making money and actually test people on what they do in real life - ie take them out on the bloody road.

Doesn't this test make you guys feel ashamed of being the laughing stock?
BubbaWoo 33 | 3,510  
24 Oct 2007 /  #105
perhaps, perhaps not

but it does go some way to explain why there are so many terrible drivers in poland
segzdee - | 6  
25 Oct 2007 /  #106
Hey guys am currently dealing in Portuguese legal driving licenses, which are recognized both in Portugal and EU and UK email me on......... if interested and i will tell you more info!!
dheva 3 | 28  
26 Oct 2007 /  #107
somebody told me, we can still make little corruption here. if so, if somebody can help me to get Polish driver lisence, i will pay for that. please for detail contact me : email: dheva_k@yahoo , tq
26 Oct 2007 /  #108
bobdelly - | 2  
26 Oct 2007 /  #109
Thanks segzdee....... you're agentleman!! i swear the license works,i was stopped and the officcers waved me on after producing my license. although you're abit pricey......but atleast your legit.
nudson - | 3  
27 Oct 2007 /  #110
segzdee.... nice work man.......!!! But what if they ask me to speak portuguese.... anyway thanks for your help
Daisy 3 | 1,227  
27 Oct 2007 /  #111


These two words just don't go together
segzdee - | 6  
28 Oct 2007 /  #112
sometimes those two words are like cheese and butter........ thanxs for those who really apreciate my services!!!
Daisy 3 | 1,227  
28 Oct 2007 /  #113
Do you mean these two who only posted once?

Friends of yours are they?
sahil - | 1  
29 Oct 2007 /  #114

I am interestd In polish Driving licence, Can u contact me on sahil.ston@gmail

31 Oct 2007 /  #115
Hi Shaka,

How can I get a Polish driver's license. My email address is
31 Oct 2007 /  #116
get back to me i can make u happy 2 days and u have polish one

Hi there

I would like to get polish drivers license.

Can u help pls


I would like to go ahead. Pls contact
emko - | 3  
31 Oct 2007 /  #117
Hey segzdee you're alife saver man......... keep up the good work.

But am going to Canada next month is my portuguese license allowed there!!!
segzdee - | 6  
31 Oct 2007 /  #118

I dont know what the law says in canada about Eu Lisences,but i think you should be ok to drive there for about six months......... without any qualms

Thanks man!!!
bobdelly - | 2  
31 Oct 2007 /  #119
am going to Canada next month is my portuguese license allowed there!!!

Tourists and visitors staying less than three months are permitted to drive on the licence of their home country. If the licence is not written in English, then an acceptable translation of the licence must be carried at all times. Visitors staying more than three months must apply for a licence in the state in which they reside.

Segzdee..... can you help someone who is residing in another country i.e India? I have got Friend who might need your services......!!!!
segzdee - | 6  
31 Oct 2007 /  #120
Segzdee..... can you help someone who is residing in another country i.e India?

Yes, but it will take me more time.


Archives - 2005-2009 / Life / Polish Driving Licence.Archived