/ Will Komorowski be Poland's worst ever president?
So, what are the 10 principal expectations of Poles (and others living here and paying taxes) regarding their new president?
1) Should decline the power of veto and let the government get on with legislating - the president is there to sign decrees and beam politely.
2) Should sell Poland abroad as a willing partner and not some snivelling homophobic nationalist pariah - which it was for 2 years intil quite recently :((
3) Should act intelligently and learn some languages, and act the part, as Kawniewski did
4) Should tell his spouse to keep her trap shut, as in Denis Thatcher type assisatnce but not interference (spouses role is there as charity worker and do-gooder.
5) Should get out and about on fact finding missions, with the intelligence of a Jerzy Buzek
6) No more of these silly speeches that smack of communist ideology - "Nasza Polska, nasza democracia,........." but actually outline some policies for God's sake!
7) Constantly remind everyone how appalling that PIS mob are
8) Shave of that silly 1980s moustache and actually show some bonhomie and charisma for once
9) Less of the ridiculous ******** " Let all Poles work together" and instead lessen the power of the church and strengthen the economy by bringing allegedly corrupt city councils with their "independent" city presidents to book - Katowice being one of them for starters.
10) Keep out of any scandal and get a second term booked up so we can see some real progress in dismantling old laws and building a real society instead of the unfair to small business tax structure we have at the moment, and no returen to the PIS handouts to the so called poor aka lazy bastards.