Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Law  % width 7

Residency Status Questions - EU citizen and Poland

Czestochowa 9 | 50  
22 May 2007 /  #1
I've been reading up on the forum and a few websites about entry requirements for living in Poland.

I can't seem to find the information I'm looking for so hopefully someone here can help or point me in the right direction.

I'm moving to a small town near Gorzow in July for at least a year, (I'm English). I will be working for myself online managing a few websites I currently have as a sideline here in the UK.

Now as an EU citizen how long can I stay in Poland for? Do I need to leave before 90 days? Can I nip over the border to Germany and re-enter if so? or can I stay as long as I like?

I've been trying to open an account with but have been told I need a Polish Residency card or complete a declaration that I intend to stay for a certain amount of time so it seems there is some documentation I need.

So to sum up, how long can I stay? Do I need a Residency card? And any info on this declaration document.

Many Thanks!
glowa 1 | 291  
22 May 2007 /  #2
you need a residency, you will get it without a problem though. as a EU citizen you can stay as long as you want, you can go to Germany and back as many times as you please. , required documents are typical (to receive a residency card) - a rent contract for a place to stay (unless you buy one, then a proof you own it), some proof that you have sufficient financial means - I guess since you're gonna run a business it's no biggy and perhaps some kind of health insurance paper.

but indeed a Polish ID card is needed for banks and othe institutions, but as I said, you'll get it without a problem, only some paperwork
OP Czestochowa 9 | 50  
22 May 2007 /  #3
Thanks glowa!

I'll try report back with exactly what I did, who I saw etc to get this sorted out.
krysia 23 | 3,058  
22 May 2007 /  #4
Everything you want you can find here:
glowa 1 | 291  
22 May 2007 /  #5
good address Krysia, I didn't know it.
also here:

i think these two addresses could be saved somewhere in a faq or something as this subject is pretty recurrent
23 May 2007 /  #7
I'm on a 120-day visitor's visa (my boyfriend is Polish and lives in Poland) and want to turn it into a temporary residence permit. Do you have to have a job/work permit/promise to employ, or be a student in order to get a temp residence permit, or can I just get it in order to continue my visit here with him? My boyfriend and his family (they are Polish) can guarantee the costs of my stay (healthcare, repatriation, etc).

Thanks very much

Archives - 2005-2009 / Law / Residency Status Questions - EU citizen and PolandArchived