Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / UK, Ireland  % width 4

UK citizen marries non-EU citizen - any residency rights in Poland

tonykenny 18 | 131  
30 Mar 2009 /  #1
Here's a hypothetical question.

If a UK citizen living in Poland marries a non-EU national, would they be able to live in Poland or must they return to the UK for 2 years first to gain the British residency?

Does anybody have any knowledge of this? Can you quote anything official or point to any information in English or Polish?


PS. No, it's not for me and patrycia19 :)
vivianzizi 2 | 21  
30 Mar 2009 /  #2
best place to find that info is on the home office site.
OP tonykenny 18 | 131  
31 Mar 2009 /  #3
They have lots about what rights are in the UK but nothing about other EU member states. I've found something on the EU site but it's all in legal-ese and hard to understand exactly. However, it did give me a form to ask, so we'll see...

ShelleyS 14 | 2883  
31 Mar 2009 /  #4

If Poles can marry non-eu nationals and live in the UK then I would imagine the same applies for a UK national living in Poland and marrying a non-eu national.

I hope that makes sense :)

by the way it takes 3 years to qualify for nutralisation, the rules are changing all the time :)

Archives - 2005-2009 / UK, Ireland / UK citizen marries non-EU citizen - any residency rights in PolandArchived