Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Law  % width 3

can a polish one-person company run in Uk

moire 4 | 40  
21 Aug 2007 /  #1
hello, My friend has a small construction company in poland, and he is planning to move to England. Can he run that small polish company in Uk or he can work as self-employed?

Thank you very much for any information
hello 22 | 890  
21 Aug 2007 /  #2
Don't see a reason why not. Being self-employed gives you a lot of choices; it could be even possible for him to chose where to pay taxes (in Poland or in the UK). He needs to talk to his accountant, but it can surely be done.
szarlotka 8 | 2,205  
21 Aug 2007 /  #3
Yes is the short answer. He can set up as sole trader or as a limited company. The tax treatment is different. As for choosing where to pay tax the English and Polish tax authorities will have a say in that. There are tax equalisation agreements in place and it will all depend on how many days you are in each country (total days not just working days). But basically it's reasonably easy to set up a small company here. Then the paperwork starts which is a royal pain in the bottom but I guess it's similar in PL too.

Archives - 2005-2009 / Law / can a polish one-person company run in UkArchived