Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / UK, Ireland  % width 11

Looking for a Polish psychologist in England.

goodlady 2 | 31  
2 Apr 2009 /  #1
anyone know where there is a polish psychologist in england a polish freind of mine has agreed he has anger problems and needs help-thank-you
szkotja2007 27 | 1,498  
2 Apr 2009 /  #2
Register with G.P, get referral to specialist, local Mental Health Services will run regular courses. You would be lucky to get a fluent speaking therapist though. Hows his English?

Good luck.
Trevek 26 | 1,702  
2 Apr 2009 /  #3
where in england?
jonni 16 | 2,485  
6 Apr 2009 /  #5
You might find one advertising on the Polish-language version of Gumtree or on one of the expat Polish websites. But If you're looking for it on the NHS, the Community Health Trust that your GP makes the referral to might be able to track one down. In Manchester there are certainly Polish-speaking Social Workers (and have been for years due to the elderly Polish population) and they might be able to sort something out.
ShelleyS 14 | 2,893  
6 Apr 2009 /  #6

Depending on where in Manchester you are, you could be waiting for up to 18 months, possibly more - it's not what the NHS consider a priority, as for finding someone to see who is Polish, his chances are pretty low...

Polish-speaking Social Workers

They are NOT going to be able to refer him, he needs to see his GP first and they will refer him, there are waiting lists and his chances of seeing someone this side of xmas is slim.

Maybe he should try some meditation classes or yoga.
OP goodlady 2 | 31  
9 Apr 2009 /  #7
hi went on a website there is a polish psycholgist in nottingham
ShelleyS 14 | 2,893  
9 Apr 2009 /  #8
His GP will STILL have to refer him or he will have to go private, if he is in Manchester then the chances of his GP getting him a referral to a specialist in Notts is slim, to say the least as it's a completely different Health Authority. Im not tyring to be negative, it's just the reality of it.
szkotja2007 27 | 1,498  
9 Apr 2009 /  #9
Alternatively go private, he may not necessarily need a Psychologist.
bluebird - | 36  
10 Apr 2009 /  #10
Tell him to try Boxing.

He may even make some money out of it.
Elle - | 1  
5 Jun 2009 /  #11
Hello there,

I'm full qualified polish psychologist. If you need any help or further info, please contact me at

Archives - 2005-2009 / UK, Ireland / Looking for a Polish psychologist in England.Archived