I had done a search on buying property on the board, but not found as much useable info as I had hoped, therefore can I ask people who have experience of buying an apartment in Poland to relay their experiences to the board on the template format below?
I am particularly interested in non-Polish purchasers, given that we don't really speak the language and this makes the experience so much more difficult!Overview
- this should consist of, your gut feeling as to how the process went from start to finish, who you had to deal with and how things have finally turned out, and would you do it it again!Where you bought
- exactly where, why, advantages/disadvantages.Price you paid
- for the property, agents, solicitors, other partiesWho did you buy from
- was it a private sale, via an estate agent, or notary - again advantages/disadvantages. Which is safest for non Polish speaking buyers.Time scale
- from initial search, arranging appointments, getting papers signed, delays, reasons for same.What to look out for
- this basically means, that there are certain golden rules you must
be aware of through the whole buying experience, ie what to check, what to look for, what not to do any other nuggets of information only insiders would know about!
Finally, if you have links of use, please post them at the end.
Many thanks for your help in advance!