Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Polonia  % width 3

International Drivers License for a Polish citizen while being abroad

agus 1 | -  
21 Jan 2008 /  #1
How do you obtain an International Drivers License if you're abroad.
I am a Polish citizen and have a Polish version of European Union DL (small pinkish laminate).
I live and work in Botswana.
jones101 1 | 349  
21 Jan 2008 /  #2
agus I am not sure where Poles get theirs but for Brits and Yanks it is the country's driving club that issues them for something like 10usd or so and they are good for one year. You can get them through the mail by printing and application and mailing it with the fee and photo.

There are websites that sell them for very high prices and say they have cards good for 5 or 10 years...these are scams. They may work with an unknowing police officer but they are not valid and the prices are very high. The only REAL permits are from the driving clubs and must be accompanied by your country's driving license to be valid...alone they are useless.
Michal - | 1,865  
21 Jan 2008 /  #3
Years ago, I remember that the A.A. used to sell them. I bought one with a photograph when I was driving in South Africa. So many of these A.A. shops have closed now but try on line.

Archives - 2005-2009 / Polonia / International Drivers License for a Polish citizen while being abroadArchived