Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Law  % width 6

Drivers License USA citizen has EU Austrian License needs Polish

idstockmann 1 | -  
4 Dec 2007 /  #1
I have a valid Austrian LKW F├╝hrerschein, am American citizen living now in USA. I am moving to Poland next year and I need to obtain Polish license. I know it is fairly simple to exchange EU license, BUT what about EU license held by American ?

Can someone call, when they get the time, to License Agency and explain the condition to see what can be done ?
hello 22 | 891  
5 Dec 2007 /  #2
I don't see a problem - it should be the same like for EU licence held by a Polish person.
Barciur - | 8  
5 Dec 2007 /  #3
As far as I know you don't even need to exchange it - since it is EU, you use it in whole EU.
1 Jul 2008 /  #4
Just call the Austrian embassy and ask them if they can send you application forms for converting your Austrian drivers liscence to en Austrian EU liscence.

NOTE: it is better for many reasons to have the new EU liscence card, its got the EU flag on it and generally it flys much better when passing thru various EU states (countries)

Your EU drivers liscence can be used as a passport when flying between EU states..nice huh? I have. I havent had a passport since `99. I just use my drivers liscence.

So get your EU liscence today. Its easy, its fast...and it NOW!!
2 Jul 2008 /  #5
Don't bother exchanging it. It's perfectly legal to drive on a non-Polish EU licence in Poland. I've been driving here on my UK licence for six years.
Eric L  
10 Jul 2008 /  #6
If your in States just to be 100 percent go to triple A and obtain an international driving license. I think if your a no AAA member it's like 30 dollars

Archives - 2005-2009 / Law / Drivers License USA citizen has EU Austrian License needs PolishArchived