Please tell me... do I look skinny to you???
Not in the least - but back up a bit and let's be sure about this... ;)
I don't think there is only 1 reason why people get fat, but I think we can agree on this:
* Exercise daily - even if it's just a low-impact walk or bike ride. The couch is not your friend.
* Eat healthy foods - less processed, more natural…perhaps better.
* Fat/Satisfaction versus Volume - perhaps even a little fat is fine if you do the first two points. You're more likely to eat a big bag of low-fat junk versus a little fatty stuff that quickly satisfies.
* Did I mention regular exercise?
* Hydration is essential - it fuels your muscles so they consume fat during exercise.
* Avoid diet drinks and regular sodas & drink water whenever possible. It'll be hard the first week or two, but you'll get over it, and your body won't always crave "novelty".
* People have different metabolisms and/or a natural gene preference sometimes. Some of us will have a harder time losing weight than others. It's normal - love your body and find pleasure in it. Self-loathing usually kills all motivation towards exercise, eating well, etc.
* Those of us who can eat anything and not gain weight? Be nice about it and don't show off - it annoys the normal people, and there's more of us normal folk than you. ;)