Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Law  % width 3

Transferring leased car to Poland. What to do?

Moonlighting 31 | 234  
5 Oct 2009 /  #1

I'm replacing my Belgian business by a Polish business, a Sp. z o.o. which I will create this quarter. I'm planning to transfer my car to Poland. It's a leased car and the leasing company in Belgium agreed to modify the contract sothat the car will be used in the name of the Polish company. Monthly rent will be invoiced to the Polish company.

I have 3 questions:

1. What about the licence plate? Should I get Polish plates for my car? Where should I address to request them? What are the conditions?

2. How about tax deduction? How can a car in Poland be part of professional expenses? Again, what are the conditions? Limitations?

3. What about insurance? The monthly rent includes the insurance which was of course contracted in Belgium. Does the Polish law requires a new insurance with a company established in Poland?

5 Oct 2009 /  #2
1. Leave the Belgian ones on. You might get slightly more attention from thieves, but you'll be able to laugh at speed camera and be completely ignored by traffic wardens.

2. Yes. Speak to an accountant for details.

3. No such requirement would be legal under EU law.
convex 20 | 3,928  
27 Nov 2009 /  #3
My company car is on Czech plates, both of the points in 1. made by Harry are true. I have never been pulled over here. On the other hand, pieces of my car went missing about every week. I just stopped replacing them, they stopped stealing them.

Archives - 2005-2009 / Law / Transferring leased car to Poland. What to do?Archived