Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / USA, Canada  % width 19

The best way to get your girlfriend from Poland to USA legal?

Dzejk 1 | 2  
11 Apr 2007 /  #1
anything like student programs or work programs that dont cost much or something else?
I left gdansk and my kochanie is still there, I have found a job here and want to bring her to me. Can someone help?

11 Apr 2007 /  #2
Thru marriage? Or fiance visa. Or student work and travel program (assuming she's a student).
larry casula 2 | 69  
11 Apr 2007 /  #3
Is very difficult Dzejk for this,
best thing is to try a tourist Visa, she must have friends and keep her stay short, maybe 2 weeks, they want to see that she will go home, also important that she has a job to go back to, and the funds to show she can support herself here and not have financial difficulties when she goes back, so a healthy bank account will help. American embassy has to believe she wants to come back to Poland, if there are any red flags that she may have a reason to stay here illegally, then they will deny it. She must show strong stability in Poland, have good contacts here in the states, and not just a boyfriend, she must say it is a close family friend, and they must be able to support her, or be very stable, so as old a couple as you can get to sponsor her or a couple she can say she is visiting, do not mention she is visiting boy friend, too close to, they may see a love connection and a willingness of her to leave all in Poland to stay here. Is tough, not easy, if denied she needs to try after 6 months., there is no fiance visa, they do not care about that, as a matter of fact it would be turned down. Marriage only if you have agreen card, or us citizen, but that is no guarentee since 9/11, they may say that if you love her go back to Poland. Sorry, but have been here before with friends to see them denied. Student work program is expensive and limited in time, with a tourist visa, if grnated she can come over usually for a ten year period, periodically. They will approve 6 months but do not stay 6 months the first time. make it 6 weeks or shorter, then wait 6 months and come again and then stay 6 months and at the end of 6 months if she can prove support, she can apply for a 6 month extension.
12 Apr 2007 /  #4
First of all, ask her if she wanna go to US. This is not very popular direction lately.
FISZ 24 | 2,116  
12 Apr 2007 /  #5
If she's a student she'll probably be approved for a 5-10 yr tourist visa. But, she won't be able to work.

....speaking from experience.
sapphire 22 | 1,241  
12 Apr 2007 /  #6
First of all, ask her if she wanna go to US.

LOL. No, dont ask her... just gag and blindfold her and pack her in a crate with some vodka
shewolf 5 | 1,077  
12 Apr 2007 /  #7
But, she won't be able to work.

Why can't they work? I've heard this before. I don't get it.
FISZ 24 | 2,116  
12 Apr 2007 /  #8
Because in order to work legally, they have to be sponsored by a work visa. A tourist will only allow them to visit. But, there are lawyers here that can take care of things for the right price.
larry casula 2 | 69  
13 Apr 2007 /  #9
Why can't they work? I've heard this before. I don't get it.

Fisz is right, if you could work, then everyone would get a tourist visa and start working without a soc. Sec. card, so they would be like the mexicans coming here. They will not let you work with tourist visa, they want you to go away after you come here and spend your money!!
TheDude - | 50  
13 Apr 2007 /  #10
they want you to go away after you come here and spend your money!!

The Dude wants to know what country doesn't?
TheKruk 3 | 308  
15 Apr 2007 /  #11
First, Dude I love the Big Lebowski homage all time greatest film !
She could work, just not legally then you can get married and she can stay its the easiest most permanent way. there are fiance visa's but you must start paperwork in the USA. now I assume I am jumping the gun and your not ready to tie the knot then well, it is hard to do. I have a Polish wife and we got married in California and it made my time in poland easier we plan to move to the states but haven't started green card process yet Right now my wife has a ten year tourist visa. I know many Poles who work illegally on phoney Soc. security cards.

Oh Dude I can't answer your question Poland took a lot of my money so I could live here legally and work.
OP Dzejk 1 | 2  
21 Apr 2007 /  #12
Hey guys sorry i have been working recently, thanks for the input but i wanted to make a few things clear:

1. I'm American, born in USA
2. I went to poland and met my GF in Gdansk.

Ok now I live in NJ and there are MANY polish here, how do they come here? really cause maybe theirs some secret I swear I'm just scared the stupid US embassy will deny my Girls Visa and it worries me alot. We are currently trying to get things together to apply for a student visa for her at this place called Uceda which cost about 395 USD but they mention something about it possible for her two uncles to sponsor her and i provide the place for her to stay here? I dont know about this tourist visa since she does not have a job in poland now, shes on training in England and will end in August. I was thinking she could apply for a Visa at the Embassy in England? ehhhh this is so frustrating I swear and I'm an american heh, I truly understand how so many polish feel when they want to visit friends and family in USA. I just need some additional input guys . Na zdrowia
krysia 23 | 3,058  
22 Apr 2007 /  #13
Hey Dzejk
Apply for a fiance visa. Costs $175, she will get it for sure but have to wait 5 months. Once she gets to the US, you guys got 90 days to marry and once you marry you apply for a work permit for her. She will get her green card in about a year and become citizen in 3 years. All legal.

With the tourist visa if you guys will marry, you will have to go to immigration office and they ask a bunch of personal questions if your marriage was for real or not and you have other problems if she overstays her visa. But maybe you guys don't want to marry because it is a culture shock for Poles coming to the US.
31 May 2009 /  #14
It looks like most of these people don't know what they are talking about!
My husband is from Poland and I'm American. I met him in Poland while teaching there. We dated for about two years (in Poland) and then decided to come to the US. He came on a student visa (my parents sponsored him) and after one year we got married.

-If you want to bring your girlfriend to America just find some English language school sign her up for the program- you or her uncle can sponsor her (it doesn't matter). It's the easiest way. Do NOT let her apply from England because she would be more likely to get regected.
Ranj 21 | 947  
31 May 2009 /  #15

I remember "The Dude";)
freebird 3 | 532  
31 May 2009 /  #16
This is not very popular direction lately.

OK, tell me more about some popular directions, lol
sikat_ckat 1 | 27  
31 May 2009 /  #17
student visa to study at a community college (there are short certificate courses and Associate Degrees and transfer programs, or non credit class and ESL programs). fees are expensive for an international student but it's still cheaper compared to a 4 year university.through marriage if you are an american citizen. process takes 3 years after the marriage for her to obtain american citizenship (if you go this route).also, you have to stay married. with the recession and after 9/11 it is not a popular route as it used to be. also, company visa swtich to local staff (if working for a company that has a branch in the US).
krysia 23 | 3,058  
31 May 2009 /  #18
It's the easiest way.

and also illegal.
sledz 23 | 2,250  
31 May 2009 /  #19
I remember "The Dude";)

sounds fiszy:)

and also illegal.

theyre hip to that scam already, especially when ppl tell about it on the

Archives - 2005-2009 / USA, Canada / The best way to get your girlfriend from Poland to USA legal?Archived