Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / USA, Canada  % width 3

Confused by visas needed for USA...

Rayna53 1 | 2  
24 Jun 2009 /  #1
I'm a British Citizen and my fiance is a Polish one..

We would like to travel across the USA for our honeymoon next year, but I am quite confused on whether he will need a visa if he is married to a british citizen and when we should start applying for it, if he does..?

He's lived in the UK for 3 years...does that have anything to do with it..?

so confused..
PolishCowboy 1 | 48  
24 Jun 2009 /  #2
A Brit with a valid passport would not need a visa to travel to the US for a period of 90 days or less but not exceeding. A Pole on the other hand would need one. It all matters on what passport you hold, so if hes in Britain with a Polish passport it means nothing, sorry. The US has a visa free program with about 35 countries, Poland not being one of them.

To apply, fill out the application on the bottom, DS-156 (there is an online version as well).
The fee is about $130 US, and should receive confirmation by mail. Then you will have a interview set up at the US embassy in about 2-4 weeks after you have submitted the application. The rejection rate for Poland if I remember correctly is about 28%. My cousin tried last February and was rejected despite the fact he was visiting for three weeks, had a house, job, and wife. While the guy next to him was allowed despite not having any of those. Since your in the UK it should go smoother but then again it could go either way.

Good Luck
OP Rayna53 1 | 2  
24 Jun 2009 /  #3
Thanks thats great - i knew i didn't need one, but you've told me what i need to do to get him one

thank you - fingers crossed :-)

Archives - 2005-2009 / USA, Canada / Confused by visas needed for USA...Archived