Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Travel  % width 4

I am from China and I need help getting visa to visit Poland

xixichibozhu 4 | 12  
3 Jun 2008 /  #1
My boyfriend is working in Gdynia for temporary.I had planned to visit Poland this july. I had taken it for granted that i can apply for Poland's personal travel visa.

Buttttt.....Yesterday, i just learnt that Poland embassy doesn't allow Chinese to apply for its personal travel visa!

I am sad. I really really need to meet my boyfriend. We are getting married this November. He wont come back to China untile October. We have a lot to do about our wedding. And i planned to buy our wedding dresses in Poland.

What shall i do now?

i can't apply for the visa for vising friends because my bf has just arrived in Poland, he can't invite me there. And i have no Polish friends who can invite me.

If i apply for Germen or French personal travel visa, i will have to offer the details about my trip and the information about hotel booking. but i just want to stay in Gdynia with my bf, i dont have any hotel booking information. AAAAAAND, if the officer knows that i will stay in Germany for only one week but in Poland for a month, do you think it's possible that i can get a visa??? i don't think so~~~


Any ideas will be welcome and any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!

3 Jun 2008 /  #2
Where are you now and what is your immigration status in that place?
Piorun - | 658  
3 Jun 2008 /  #3
You can apply for a Schengen short stay visa .

Category C is a short-term stay visa. They entitle travelers to a single continuous or multiple visits not exceeding three months during any half-year from the date of first entry into the Schengen area. This type of visa is issued for reasons other than immigration. Check for the requirements under Consular Section on this page:

Did they explicitly told you that you can't apply for this type of visa?
You can also download the form.

I have just checked type B (Visitor visa)
Here’s what you need.

1 An invitation issued by local government office where the petitioner resides.
2 You have to apply in person
3 If under 16 years of age, application has to be signed by both parents
4 All documents have to be in English language or the language of the country issuing visa.
5 Visa is issued by the country that the applicant resides the longest period of time, if equal than the port of entry.
6 All documents have to be original plus one copy.
7 The application fee equals to 60 euro payable in local currency.
8 It will take approximately 10 days for application approval.

There is no clause for the amount of time the person that petitions for the invitation has to reside in that country. Such a document has to be issued by the local government office where the petitioner resides.

Secondary documents needed:

1 Proof of financial means for the duration of stay
2 Insurance policy for a min. 30000 euro
3 For Chinese Citizens: Original document plus 1 copy of hukou (residence) or document issued by the employer stating the place of residency of an applicant.
4 Original invitation and contact information of the person who originally applied for such document.
(In case of a foreigner residing in Schegen Region a photocopy of “resident permit")
5 Foreigner applying for visa has to show “resident permit" and a photocopy of a Passport.
6 A document from employer (personal information, guarantee of being employed upon return, salary, and job description) such a document should also contain following information: address, telephone number, fax, e-mail, official stamp of the company or school (if student) and a signature of a person issuing this document.

7 The fee is 35 euro. Free visa is issued to the spouse of an EU citizen and children under 21 years of age.

Check with your fiancé if he has all of the required documents he can go to the local government office and get the invitation so you may obtain type B visa.
OP xixichibozhu 4 | 12  
3 Jun 2008 /  #4
Thank u, Harry, Piorun, really, for the information you offered.

I just called the Poland Embassy, and told them my situation. A young lady told me that my bf could go to the local government (in Poland) to send me an invitation.

And she said i dont need to provide profiles to prove my financial ablility.

I was so happy hearing the news. I thanked her again and again.

I left a message to my bf on MSN. Hope he can send me the invitation soon.

Oh, dears, I AM SO SO SO SO HAPPY~

Archives - 2005-2009 / Travel / I am from China and I need help getting visa to visit PolandArchived