Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Study  % width 3

University for non-resident citizen

Polish ex-pat  
10 Aug 2009 /  #1
Does any one have any experience or advice for a non-resident Poish citizen wishing to attend university in Poland. Our child has Polish citizenship(dual natinal) but is not a native or resident. What is the application process like? Would tuition be free?....
SzwedwPolsce 11 | 1,595  
10 Aug 2009 /  #2
Everyone in EU-countries can apply to university in Poland in the same way as Poles. If you apply in this way there will be no tution fee. The studies will be in Polish of course. There are also English Divisions (eg. medicine) at several Polish universities, where the studies are in English. In this case you pay a tution fee. But due to some law you can't study at this English Divison if you have Polish citizenship.

I guess people outside EU can apply for university in the same way, but they need legal permission (visa) to study in Poland.
10 Aug 2009 /  #3
my friend's company should help you, they deal with assistance for expats in poland.

Archives - 2005-2009 / Study / University for non-resident citizenArchived