Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Law  % width 4

Non-EU citizen with Polish work permit - work in other EU Countries?

17 Mar 2009 /  #1
Hi guys, I'm back with another question - last time you did fantastic so here I am again :)

Does anyone know if my work permit in Poland allows me to work in other EU countries i.e. the UK? I am married to a Polish Citizen and have my temporary residency card and work permission for the next 1 year and 8 months. I'm an English teacher that wants to work in the UK for the summer while I have no classes. I have a job prospect and possible offer, but nothing formal yet (it's not a teaching job). If I had a company that would say they would hire me, would that help? What if I don't have that or wouldn't have it in time for my move? What are my options?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
vipservice - | 16  
8 Apr 2009 /  #2
The Polish work permits allows you to work ONLY in Poland.
As far as reulation between your country of origin and i.e. Uk it is a different thing. I understand that you do not have Polish citizenship so you can work only on your present citizenship. You have to check the international agreements between your country and the one you are going to work. When you'll have Polish citizenship things will change for you.
ShelleyS 14 | 2883  
8 Apr 2009 /  #3
If your wife is Polish and she is going to go to the UK with you then yes you can work in the UK, if not then NO you can not.

Not that I'd advise it at present unless you have a "firm" job offer, which I doubt you'll get outside of the UK since regulations in place state jobs must be advertised first in the UK and since we have rising unemployment there is pretty much zero chance unless you have some "special" skill that nobody in the UK can do.
Alicjav - | 16  
1 Oct 2009 /  #4

you can work only in Poland. You can travel around Schengen Area, and u can be abroad till 3 months. If you want work in UK (which is not in Schengen Area) first you have to get visa there, also your employer has to send u job invitation.

Wish you good luck!
Ps. Also you can not work in Schengen Area without permission.

Best regards,
Alicja V.

Archives - 2005-2009 / Law / Non-EU citizen with Polish work permit - work in other EU Countries?Archived