Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Law  % width 6

Changing car registration from Foreign to Polish

davidils20l 1 | -  
18 Mar 2008 /  #1
I have bought a car in France, and arranged export registration papers and temporary insurance to transport it to Poland.

Once in Poland, however, I do not know where to begin in order to getting the car transfered over to polish registration. I have residence papers and pesel number in Poland.

Any ideas on the process and sequence of events would be appreciated

Also costs.

Also to mention, the car is 15 Years old, with one previous owner. Buying privately not from a dealer.
23 Mar 2008 /  #2
the procedure is quite complicated and costs aroun 1200 zł (insurance included)
I have all the docs needed written down but i will have to check again. If you still need the info write to me at Change the obvious mistake in the email address and write to me.

Lilinette - | 2  
24 Mar 2008 /  #3
I also brougth my car from France and I don't know the procedure to change my car matriculation to Polish one.
I heard that I will have to pay some taxe in addition to inssurance.
Can you tell me more please ?
Foreigner4 12 | 1,768  
2 Apr 2008 /  #4
I got mine from Italy.
First was the translation.
Then was the cost of registering and/or plating, it took about a week to be able to drive it (plus of course the insurance which is seperate)

Yeah total cost of registering was about 1200 though that didn't include the insurance.
Lilinette - | 2  
3 Apr 2008 /  #5
Hello !
Thanks for your answer.
Can you tell me a little bit more about the procedure ?
Are you in Krakow ?
Where did you have to go ? What documents did you have to provide ? 1200 is in PLN I hope !
What insurance did you take ?
Thanks in advance for your help
Foreigner4 12 | 1,768  
3 Apr 2008 /  #6
the car's registered in krakland.
Oiy, I can't remember what i had to bring, I have a business associate who takes care of this kind of stuff, i.e. he does the talking. But the insurance was after the car was registered (o.c. and a.c.)

I honestly can't remember the seperate papers and all the costs but i obviously needed to have a safety performed and the italian registration documents needed translating then there were a few forms to have done. But there is a lil bureau right across the street from the registration place where the ladies do up all the paperwork for you. Get a very fluent (not someone who is ok but f'n fluent and trustworthy) friend to give you a hand, reimburse them for their time.

It's all a load of b.s. and waaay more complicated than it ought to be but it's only a week and you have a car that hasn't had the sh!t driven out of it in Poland- worth it.

Archives - 2005-2009 / Law / Changing car registration from Foreign to PolishArchived