Where can you see this stuff?:
Gdansk City Hall courtyard.
A scaled replica (88%) of the airplane RWD-13, owned by E. Wedel chocolate factory, designation SP-WDL, bought in 1936, painted blue, with alternate Wedel logo representing a knight sitting on a zebra and holding a shield made of a biscuit. The plane was used to deliver Wedel chocolates to Polish liners, to Paris and to Copenhagen and for advertising. The working replica was built between 2002 and 2006. As the original, it is also used to advertise Wedel chocolates.
In the Second Polish Republic was blue because transported to Europe chocolate "Wedel," but during the Second World War, disappeared without trace after the evacuation to Romania. However, on Saturday in the courtyard of the Town Hall, we will see a flying replica of the famous RWD 13, also blue.
The RWD-13 was a Polish touring plane of 1935, three-seater high-wing monoplane, designed by the RWD team. It was the biggest commercial success of the RWD.
RWD was a Polish aircraft construction bureau active between 1928 and 1939. It started as a team of three young designers, Stanisław Rogalski, Stanisław Wigura and Jerzy Drzewiecki, whose names formed the RWD acronym.
The Challenge 1934 was the fourth and last FAI International Tourist Plane Contest (French: Challenge International de Tourisme), that took place between August 28 and September 16, 1934 in Warsaw, Poland. The four Challenges, from 1929 to 1934, were major aviation events in pre-war Europe.
The 1934 Challenge was won by the Polish pilots Jerzy Bajan (1st) and Stanisław Płończyński (2nd) - both flying RWD-9S.
The 1932 Challenge was won by Franciszek Żwirko, flying RWD-6.