The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Real Estate  % width posts: 8

Inheritance law in Poland - My brother refuses to share profit from apartment sale

18 Jun 2014 #1
My Father pass away and he owned apartment in Poland. My brother sold it and do not want to share profit with me. I would like to know where I suppose to take legal action against him? In Poland or in Canada ? We all live in Canada
Dont gag me yo 7 | 156
18 Jun 2014 #2
Firstly how can he sell it without notifying you|? Secondly you can only take him to court in Poland as the crime happend in Poland,Canada dont come in the pictiure.
Maratt - | 1
18 Jun 2014 #3
My brother execute my father decision who gave him apartment and he suppose to sell it and share profit. Right now he do not want to do it.
Dorota 12345
6 Feb 2018 #4

Inheritance of property in Poland - got 50% but my brother doesn't want to move out

Hi, I have inherited 50% of my parents property. My brother currently lives in this house and does not want to move out or offer to buy me out. What are my rights?

Thank you
DominicB - | 2,709
6 Feb 2018 #5
Sounds like a question for an attorney, not for a bunch of anonymous bozos on some random internet forum. Don't forget: free advice is worth every penny you pay for it. In other words, nothing at all.
cms 9 | 1,255
6 Feb 2018 #6
Re his right to live there you must see a lawyer unless something was specified in your parents will. But it's better to sort it out with your brother in a human way first. As Dom says there is no way people here will know all the background.

He can't be forced by law to buy you out - he probably does not have cash to do that and limited access to credit.
terri 1 | 1,664
6 Feb 2018 #7
Get to a good lawyer and take your action to Court. There is an option that the Court may force the sale of the house.
O WELL 1 | 158
6 Feb 2018 #8
LOL @ good lawyer:) but yes court can enforce the sale and divide the proceeds accordingly.

Home / Real Estate / Inheritance law in Poland - My brother refuses to share profit from apartment sale