The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Law  % width posts: 16

Registering Marriage in Poland

shahji_irl 2 | 2
5 Oct 2013 #1
I am a non european by birth but an Irish citizen too.
I got married to my wife who is a Polish national by birth about 4 years ago in Ireland.
We have a son who is 2 years old now.
I am a muslim and my wife is a catholic.

Can someone advise me how to go about registering our marriage in Poland.

enkidu 7 | 623
5 Oct 2013 #2
You need your Marriage Certificate translated by sworn translator. Then you have to apply to Polish Consulate.
17 Aug 2015 #3
Merged: How can I register a marriage in Poland if married abroad in EU?

I would like to ask how can register marriage in poland if married abroad in EU many years ago but didn't register foreign marriage in poland. Also is it possible to register marriage through polish counsulate or embassy in that EU foreign country of living or you personally have to go or through solicitor you can register in poland?
Polsyr 6 | 761
17 Aug 2015 #4
Marriage can be registered through embassy or consulate where you live. Both wife and husband need to visit the embassy to sign applications, plus provide documents. The embassy should have a current list of required documents.
18 Aug 2015 #5
Thank you for information.
jj90 - | 1
29 Mar 2016 #6
Merged: Registering Foreign Marriage

Hello Lads!

Could anyone please tell me is it faster to register Foreign EU Marriage in the Consulate/Embassy of Poland in the Ireland and how long does it take to register in Poland Registry Office Records or better to register marriage in Poland in Person? My second question is can we also register marriage through solicitors/attorneys in Poland and if so does it take longer than in person?


22 Feb 2017 #7
Can i just say you will need your original birth certificate. Mine got lost years ago so got a certified copy but Poland will not see this as a legal document. In the UK a certified copy is perfect. Here i hit a brick wall.
Paladine 3 | 29
24 Feb 2017 #8
You do not need your "original" birth certificate that is utter nonsense. You need an official certificate issued by your national registrar (so using UK as an example, you need to go here to order an official copy.
PatsonAgency - | 3
23 Oct 2017 #9

Foreign Marriage Certificate

Hello There,

I am from Pakistan and I got married with a Croatian national (EU national) in 2012 in Pakistan and our marriage certificate is attested from foreign office in Pakistan and Croatian Embassy, now we are in Poland my wife is working here and I have applied for the temporary residency (waiting for the answer) now I just want to know, do we have to register our marriage in Poland too, if yes then how to registered it?

I really appreciate your time.

sukhman - | 1
27 Apr 2018 #10

Can i Register marriage on study visa in Poland with Uk citizen while he travel Poland


i am Indian in Poland on Study visa, my Bf is in Uk and he is Uk citizen can we register our marriage in Poland while he visit Poland ? Because it is easy for him to come here.
thesipguy 4 | 29
10 Jun 2018 #11

Polish marriage through court? Married and lived abroad, problems with registering our marriage in Poland

Hi, I'm a Polish citizen who lives abroad and married abroad, our marriage abroad was not done the standard way we got a court ruling after the fact that we're married, we also got a marriage certificate from the court in the country we got married, but the Polish registrar does not want to recognize the certificate, they told me I would need to get a Polish court confirm the foreign court order and only then can they register the marriage.

Can anyone help me how to file the petition to the Polish court? can it be done via mail? do I need a lawyer? .........

thanks in advance
1 Nov 2018 #12

Registering marriage in Poland

Hello guys. New around here.

I am a legal Polish citizen, although born in another country. I very recently met my Polish family who I didn't knew, visited Poland, and decided to move there since the situation in my home country is awful.

I'm planning on registering my marriage in Poland. My wife is non-Polish. I have already gathered most of the paperwork, including Birth certificate of her and our translated marriage certificate. I have the option of registering it through local Polish consulate but it takes at least 6 MONTHS (that's what they told me)

I will be moving to Poland with my wife and I plan to register marriage there. Any advice on the procedure? I have a rough idea of where I have to go and what do, but I want as much advice as posible.
HenryDiamond - | 1
15 Nov 2019 #13
Please can anyone help me with address to get married in Poland?
Ironside 53 | 12,493
15 Nov 2019 #14
with address

03-560 Berdyczow.
Cargo pants 3 | 1,637
15 Nov 2019 #15
Which town in POland.Just go to the local gmina office with proper paperwork.
terri 1 | 1,663
21 Nov 2019 #16
I have gone through the marriage registration process. You will need the original of the marriage certificate, sworn Polish translation. If you can get a document with her mother's maiden name on (say parents' marriage certificate) translate that too. In Poland they like to put the parents names and mother's maiden name on the marriage certificate. Go to the office and they will tell you. There is a small amount to pay for the service. You will then get a Polish marriage certificate.

Home / Law / Registering Marriage in Poland