The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Law  % width posts: 15

Financial Proof for Poland's Karta Pobytu (Residence Card)

BlockeeR 7 | 4
28 May 2013 #1
I am a student and a month ago I applied for karta pobytu. I am still waiting for the decision. When I searched some information about procedure I saw that some students have problem because of ''financial proof''. I have 11000 zl in my bank account and I haven't touched it since I applied for the card. Is that enough? Sometimes I hear that they also want to see regularly coming&going money. Is that a mistake that I didn't touch that money? Anybody knows about this ? Maybe somebody has an experience. I would be grateful. Thanks
23 Jul 2013 #2
I don't think 11000zl is enough. Where is your home country? You must caculate 9600zl for living cost plus the price of plane ticket to your country plus the tuition fee(if you didn't pay for it).
1 Sep 2013 #3
What's the result? did they give you Karta ?
10 Sep 2013 #4
Merged: Finance for Karta Pobytu (12,000 zł in my account)

Hay guys :)
I am an indian student living in £ódź Poland, I have 12,000 zł in my account, but the requirement is 12,100
is there any chance that they would give me a negative decision?
Monitor 13 | 1,816
11 Sep 2013 #5
If it's required then you have 100% chance or rejection :D
raken8787 1 | 20
16 Sep 2013 #6
wasn't it 10,000 zł ??? people showed that amount last year and got approval.
5 Oct 2013 #7
I have received a negative decision.
can any one tell me what to do now?
DominicB - | 2,707
5 Oct 2013 #8
Don't waste your time trying to get the decision reversed. They've concluded that you are trying to use the residence permit as a way into the EU, and that you have no intention of actually staying in Poland for long. Attempting to convince the otherwise is totally futile. Return to India and try something else entirely.
5 Oct 2013 #9
That's right! If the residency has been refused, there is nothing you can do (even paying a lawyer won't help) so you need to leave Poland.
9 Jul 2015 #10
Merged: Bank account in a Polish bank to apply for student residence permit?

Guys I'm accepted in an university in Poland so I'm gonna apply for my karta pobytu as soon as I get there. I have my bank account from my country ( Non EU) in English language so I was gonna use it but someone told me that it wont be accepted there !! and that I have to open a bank account in Poland and put about 12000 Zloty in it to apply for the residence permit. Is this information true ???
9 Jul 2015 #11
Unless it's a big, international bank (not a local one in your country), you will have to open a new account in Poland indeed. 12,000 PLN is required so that you prove you won't be a burden on Polish tax payers.
9 Jul 2015 #12
Merged: is it possible to apply for student residence permit with a bank account from a non EU country ?

Hi ! I got accepted in Wroclaw university and I'm required to provide my bank statement for the residence permit process. I already have one but from my country which is a non EU country so do I have to open a new bank account in Poland and put my money in it ?
jon357 75 | 22,596
9 Jul 2015 #13
No, your normal bank statement from home is what they want to see, although you should open an account in Poland when you get here to avoid transfer fees and costs for using cash machines.

If you were from the EU, you wouldn't need any sort of permit at all.

Enjoy your studies in Poland.
9 Jul 2015 #14
Thank you sooo much for the quick response :) I'm just confused as I was counting on my bank statement from my country but I found another student in Poland from my country and he told me that they told him it's a must to open a bank account in Poland and out all his money in it and with the polish bank statement, he can apply for the karta. Do you know why they refused his bank statement ?? and also is it a must to translate my bank statement from English to polish ??
jon357 75 | 22,596
9 Jul 2015 #15
You don't need to translate anything as far as I know, but yes, when you get there you should open a Polish account. You don't need to put all your money in it as far as I know, however your university's admissions tutor will be able to advise in case the rules have changed.

Home / Law / Financial Proof for Poland's Karta Pobytu (Residence Card)