- In which city would i find the best computer programmers? (mainly web related coding (PHP/JS/HTML/Database) - maybe which is the best university for IT?)
I'd recommend Poznan at the minute - there's not so many companies competing for the best, unlike places like Krakow and Wroclaw.
- Which city would be best to open up a business/office in general?
Likewise, Poznan - it's located exactly halfway between Warsaw and Berlin, making business trips easy. It's also close to Wroclaw, and has direct flights to anywhere that you'd want to go.
- In the city you recommend, how are the rent prices for office/apartments and the avg. salary?
Average salaries are about the same as other big cities, and you can get office space very cheaply if you know how to negotiate.
- Are there any full service agencies who take care of everything? (accounting, office space, apartments for our employee, translations, help with forming the business etc.)
I used to run such a business - not any more (was offered a dream job!), but if you're seriously interested in this, I wouldn't mind making a proposal to you. I wouldn't be interested in taking a high fee - it's more of a "personal interest" to keep my knowledge up of the market than anything else.
- How are the taxes in Poland? (income, personal, etc.)
Income taxes are quite low - 18/32%, with social insurance contributions of (roughly) 20% from both employer and employee. However, there are ways to cut your social insurance bill - depending on the nature of what you do.
- Where can i find computer programmers? (job sites, maybe something like craigslist?)
Gumtree, as well as speaking to the universities directly. It's not a problem to find qualified, English-speaking personnel here in IT.
- Is there anything else we need to know?
Oh yes - there's a lot of things. Generally speaking though, operating a business like this won't be difficult - and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You'll certainly find that you'll hear plenty of bullshit about how difficult it is - usually by people who want to charge you as much money as possible.
If you want - drop me an e-mail at office@lindenia and we can talk further :)