The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Law  % width posts: 2

Marriage and Visa (Polish girlfriend with US guy)

19 Mar 2013 #1
Hey everyone!

I plan to marry my girlfriend in Poland soon. I am from the United States.

After we get married, what kind of visa could I apply for and could I possibly work?

Work is not essential but it's something that I would want to do to practice my Polish and meet friends.

Thanks, cheers!
Monitor 14 | 1,820
19 Mar 2013 #2
You may want checking Polish embassy website
After marriage you get temporary permit to stay in Poland. (After 5 years of living here it becomes permanent and you can apply for polish passport.) With this permit you have same right as polish citizen in Poland. The easiest for you would be teach english as natives are payed over average in Poland (except if you're a good programmer).

Home / Law / Marriage and Visa (Polish girlfriend with US guy)
BoldItalic [quote]
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.