Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / UK, Ireland  % width 2

Documents for visiting living in England

djf 18 | 166  
28 Apr 2008 /  #1
What documents does a Polish person need to visit England, is an ID card enough or do they need a passport?

What documents does a Polish person need to move to, live and work in England?

JustysiaS 13 | 2,240  
28 Apr 2008 /  #2
i'd take a passport as well as your ID card especially if you're flying to UK. you dont need any other documents if you're just going on a holiday. if you wanna move, live and work there, the first thing you need to do is to get a National Insurance Number and get yourself registered at a Job Centre. the queues for National Insurance Number interviews tend to be long and you might have to wait for up to a few months till your interview but you can ask them to give you a temporary Nat. Ins. No. over the phone and that should be perfectly ok untill you recieve the proper one. UK employers will require that you have national insurance, if they say they don't - do NOT work for them. all the numbers and addresses you need should be easily accessible online.

Archives - 2005-2009 / UK, Ireland / Documents for visiting living in EnglandArchived