1. a lot of choose from - i don't think any of them would be booked up at this time of the year.
2. i suggest you to take a visitor's guide and start from that. most attractions are in the market square area unless you want to visit Wieliczka
, for example.
3. plenty of pubs, discos, restaurants. again - i would keep close to the center if possible.
4. popular foods like golabki, pierogi, bigos, schabowy ("pork chop"), there are good Polish fish (like "szczupak"). you'll get everything in a good restaurant.
5. this I don't know. Is it some kind of cigarette?