Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Law  % width 4


wildrover 98 | 4,436  
25 Jun 2009 /  #1
Can any of our forum experts tell me what is required to have permenant residency in Poland....and does anyone known if this is needed if for example i wanted to get married in Poland to somebody from Ukraine....

And what would happen if i married her in Ukraine....and what if we wanted to visit the UK...?

I have lived in Poland for five years , if that is of any relavance.....

And there a legal limit to how many beans you can keep without a licence....? thank you...
Krzysztof 2 | 973  
27 Jun 2009 /  #2
I'm not an expert (as I'm Polish citizen by birth), but here are the results of the search I made:

what is required to have permenant residency in Poland

excerpts (from Mazowiecki Urząd Wojewódzki):

Submitting the documents:
ONLY IN PERSON, at your local Urząd Wojewódzki (Voivodship Office - I'm not sure if it's Szczecin or Gdańsk for you as I don't know where exactly you live)

Right to the permanent residence for an EU citizen:

Required documents:

- 1 copy of the application (link to the PDF file - in 3 languages - PL, EN, FR) filled in IN POLISH (they suggest, however, submitting also 3 photocopies of the application for faster precedure)

- photocopy of your travel document or other document confirming your identity and citizenship (they suggest, AGAIN, submitting also 3 extra photocopies for faster precedure - lazy bastards, don't even bother to xerox the documents by themselves),

- 5 current photos, not dammaged, clear, colour with dimensions 4,5 cm x 3,5 cm, with your head not covered (no hats or other burkas), dark glasses not allowed, your left semi-profile should be on the photo and the left ear must be visible, the light on the photo must be uniform on all parts of your face.

- documents confirming a non-interrupted 5-year period of work,
- confirmation of temporary residence (if you have zameldowanie, a registered address, for a temporary/permanent residence)

Time for processing your application:
from 21 to 30 days

The division responsable for processing the application:
Wydział Spraw Cudzoziemców (Foreigners' Affairs Division/Department) at your local Urząd Wojewódzki

30 zł payable to:
(find this info online with account number, and bring the original and probably also a photocopy, just in case - you'll have to make some photocopies of other documents anyway - of the transfer together with your application)

Pomorski [or Zachodnio-pomorski] Urząd Wojewódzki
Wydział Organizacyjno-Administracyjny
Account no.
"wydanie dokumentu potwierdzającego prawo stałego pobytu obywatela UE"

ShelleyS 14 | 2,893  
27 Jun 2009 /  #3
and what if we wanted to visit the UK...?

She would need a visa to visit the UK. n=Visit&nationality=Ukraine&location=Poland
OP wildrover 98 | 4,436  
27 Jun 2009 /  #4
Thank you for your help people , much appreciated...

Archives - 2005-2009 / Law / OBTAINING PERMENANT RESIDENCY IN POLAND...for an English personArchived