Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Law  % width 6

Does having Temperory Resident Permit would allow us to travel over EU?

iman 15 | 39  
24 Mar 2008 /  #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a question, if we have a temp resident permit for Poland,(1 year) would that allow us to travel to other EU states without a visa or would we still require a visa to visit the other Schengen states?

Appreciate your feedback.
away guy 10 | 343  
24 Mar 2008 /  #2
hi firstly what passport do u have ?
jkn005 1 | 127  
24 Mar 2008 /  #3
There was a situation likes this last year with some Turkish Students right when Poland entered the Schengen Zone. They were told it was ok to travel to Germany, but that proved to be false. They also needed to have a visa from Germany as their permit was just for Poland. They were deported from Germany and not allowed to return to Poland.

If your American you can travel freely in the Schengen Area for 90 days. If anything I'd call your embassy and ask them.
away guy 10 | 343  
24 Mar 2008 /  #4
Thats why im asking about what passport you are on if you need a visa to ebte the uk or europe then im affraid you can only stay in poland with your temp visa u can not travel im sorry
Foreigner4 12 | 1,768  
24 Mar 2008 /  #5
yo iman, are you in sosnowiec?
dondonf - | 14  
4 Jun 2008 /  #6
holders of polish residence cards will be allowed to enter the Schengen territory and stay there for a period not exceeding 90 days.

There is also 3 conditions for the citizen who would like to enter the Schengen:

- they justify the purpose and conditions of the intended stay and prove that they have sufficient means of subsistence, both for the period of the intended stay and for the return to their country of origin or transit to a third State into which they are certain to be admitted, or are in a position to acquire such means lawfully;

- no alert has been issued for them for the purposes of refusing entry;

- they are not considered to be a threat to public policy, national security or the international relations of any of the Schengen States.

Archives - 2005-2009 / Law / Does having Temperory Resident Permit would allow us to travel over EU?Archived