Return PolishForums LIVE
  PolishForums Archive :
Archives - 2005-2009 / Genealogy  % width 5

Polish II World War Records

25 Nov 2008 /  #1
Hello everyone,

I need to find out who I contact in Poland for requesting army records [if they have them], I know a basic history from papers we have left:

Deported by the Germans for forced labour to Austria 1942-1945. On liberation made his way to Italy where he remained as a civilian 1945-1946.

My grandfather came to England in 1946 with the 2nd Polish Corps.

Anyone can help?
13 Apr 2009 /  #2
Polish Army records can be obtained from the following:

Leave out the www at the begining

Hope your Polish is up to scratch
Eagle20 16 | 119  
14 Apr 2009 /  #3
I think they require contact by post rather than e-mail.

Centralne Archiwum Wojskowe.
ul. Czerwonych Beretów bl. 124, 00-910 Warszawa

Kancelaria tel./fax (0-22) 681 46 37
Informacja Archiwalna tel. (0-22) 681 45 84

For records about 2nd Polish Corps
MoD in UK may have information.

APC MS Support - Disclosures 5
Building 28B, RAF Northolt, West End Road, Ruislip, Middlesex HA4 6NG

Tel: 0208 8338603
Fax: 0208 8338866
Peter 3 | 248  
18 Apr 2009 /  #4
I think they require contact by post rather than e-mail.

Correct, also make sure that you have documentation to provide them with, such as your connection to your father and any service records in your possession.
Eagle20 16 | 119  
18 Apr 2009 /  #5
For MoD need documentation.

When applying to CAW for informatuion about my grandfather I did not have any, fortunately they still sent me some information.

Archives - 2005-2009 / Genealogy / Polish II World War RecordsArchived