Unfortunately, child obesity is on the rise in Poland according to TV news reports.
It is. And two minutes spent outside can tell you why :(
In fact, the increase is much faster than elsewhere in the EU.
It is very believable.
It's probably a combination of junk food, hours in front of the computer and parents providing written excuses for their kids to sit out PT at school.
It's a bit more complicated than that, but for instance :
- Grandparents can now afford all sorts of treats that they couldn't in the previous generation
- Children being made to sit in pushchairs and munch
- Children not allowed out because of imaginary pedophiles
- Children not being allowed to play because they might get hurt
- Diabolical attitudes towards physical education in Poland (many PE teachers are utter failures in life)
And so on. I've lost track of the amount of big fat children that I see in pushchairs! I even saw one girl the other day who was too fat to walk properly - the girl was 3. A crying shame.