The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / UK, Ireland  % width posts: 7

Non EU citizen married to a Pole. Living and working opportunity in the UK?

Cesare 1 | -
6 Oct 2013 #1
Hi guys, i'm from Tunisia 22years,my Fiance is from Poland and we paln to marry here in Tunisia then to live in England after her study, i want know how much that's possible or difficult and can my fiance possibly living and work opportunity and waht's about time she can be there after our marrigae so i could live with her in England , Uk and Thnx
johnb121 4 | 184
6 Oct 2013 #2
This is a UK law question - nothing to do with Poland. My guess is you need a visa, though of course your wife will not, to live in the UK.
delphiandomine 88 | 18,455
6 Oct 2013 #3
My guess is you need a visa

Not quite. He needs an EEA Family Permit - not a visa. It's against EU law, but the EU has shown little will to intervene as the UK isn't a Schengen state.
mchiareli 1 | 3
2 Jun 2015 #4
Merged: Can I work in Ireland after marry a Polish girl?

Hi guys,

My girlfriend already lives and work in Ireland, if we get married in Poland, can I go to live with her in Ireland (Dublin) and get a work permit there?

How long that would takes? And how hard is the process?

I am from Brazil btw.

Thanks so mush
smurf 39 | 1,981
2 Jun 2015 #5
foreigners in poland/get-work-permit-poland/

You can get a work permit for Poland (No. 9 on that link), whether that 'translates' to other EU countries I don't know. Maybe you should contact the Irish embassy where you live now and ask them.

First though you'll need to jump through all kinds of hoops to get married here, avoid a church wedding, that involves even more paperwork & even ghastly marriages courses. Civil marriages are far easier.
21 Mar 2016 #6
hi .. can foreign students work in poland?
Wulkan - | 3,243
21 Mar 2016 #7
Sure they can if they only manage to find some job.

Home / UK, Ireland / Non EU citizen married to a Pole. Living and working opportunity in the UK?
BoldItalic [quote]
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.