The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Study  % width posts: 3

Is there any Actuarial science degree or master in Poland ?

20 Apr 2017 #1
Hi, everyone. I am from Hong Kong. Recently, I find information about the master degree of actuarial science.

But, I cannot find any course about actuarial science in Poland. Is it true ? So, how do Polish become actuary ? They need to study in U.K ?

Thank you very much for your help.
Looker - | 1,121
20 Apr 2017 #2
After short research this is what I found:
To become an actuary in Poland you must have an university education and pass a state examination consisting of four parts: financial mathematics, life insurance mathematics, property insurance mathematics, and probability and statistics. You must also have at least one-year internship under an actuary.

The best way is to choose proper math studies (like Financial and insurance mathematics) in some of the better universities.
Check for example:,231.dhtml
Of course there's more info in Polish language which probably you don't know.
DominicB - | 2,709
21 Apr 2017 #3

There aren't any courses in actuarial science per se in Poland, but there are in financial mathematics and econometrics. The school to take them at is SGH in Warsaw. The core math is about the same: Calculus with Analytical Geometry, Multivariate Calculus, Linear Algebra, Advanced Linear Algebra, Differential equations and Partial Differential Equations, Probability and Statistics, Advanced Probability and Statistics, and specific courses in financial, business and econometric applications with modeling.

Familiarity with programming and financial and business modeling software is a big plus.

I assume you have completed the bulk of the math courses, and are going to concentrate on the applied courses. You would have to discuss what you should take with your academic advisor, based on what you have behind your belt already and what deficiencies you need to address.

To give you an idea, the IFoA website goes through each of the core technical areas and provides a chart of the math needed for the exam in each area.

After you finish your masters, you will have to work for at least one year in the field, after which you can sit for the various exams, which are listed on the IFoA website. Poland also has its own series of state exams, but having passed the IFoA exams, you could probably petition out of them.

My advice is to find a mentor in the field as soon as possible who can provide practical advice and guidance. That shouldn't be difficult to do in Hong Kong. The IFoA has frequent events there that would give you the opportunity to network and get useful information.

Home / Study / Is there any Actuarial science degree or master in Poland ?
BoldItalic [quote]
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.