The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Real Estate  % width posts: 3

Giving up a house in Poland

14 Oct 2015 #1
My partner has a house hun Poland that he has been paying the standing charges for water and council tax on.
He has now decided he wants to stay in the UK and give up his house in Poland. Is it possible to do so without actually going over there via a power of attorney.

Can anyone help?
cms 9 | 1,255
14 Oct 2015 #2
Yes it is possible for him to give a power of attorney to a local Pole that he trusts but the notary dealing with that will probably take a lot of steps to ensure it is a kosher POA (including British notarization, official translation etc and I'm not sure about Britain but in some countries would also need to be apostilled - a kind of stamp saying that the notary is a notary).

All of that would add up to a few hundred quid of cost so if your partner has some spare time it might be as well to use Ryanair and have a short holiday in Poland and take care of it "na cztery oczy"
gjene 14 | 204
15 Oct 2015 #3
So, in other words you actually mean that you wish to sell the house? If so, then you might want to have the house inspected and evaluated (appraised) based on what the condition of the house is like. The other choice is if the house is sitting empty, you can rent it.

Home / Real Estate / Giving up a house in Poland
BoldItalic [quote]
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.