The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
 
 
User: Guest

Home / News  % width posts: 11

Polish man burns his head after mistaking iron for phone


citizen67 6 | 191
12 Feb 2013 #1
Tomasz Paczkowski from the northern Polish town of Elblag now sports bandages around his head after a request from his wife to help with the housework while he enjoyed a few days off work backfired.

"My wife had gone to work and asked me to help with the housework," the 32-year old told the Polish newspaper Fakt. "After breakfast I started to work. I turned on the boxing channel on the TV, opened a beer and started ironing.

"I was really getting involved in the boxing and was not really thinking about what I was doing," he continued. "Suddenly the phone rang and I mucked things up: instead of grabbing the receiver I picked up the iron and put it to my ear."

Mr Paczkowski said a burning sensation on his ear soon made him realise his mistake. To compound his misfortune a dash to the bathroom to cool his burn with water resulted in his head hitting a door frame, causing an injury just above the left eye.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/9739414/Man-bu rns-his-head-after-mistaking-iron-for-phone.html
peter_olsztyn 6 | 1,098
12 Feb 2013 #2
the 32-year old told the Polish newspaper Fakt

Fakt is the best for drying wet carpet ;)
smurf 39 | 1,981
12 Feb 2013 #3
Ah you must have missed it Peter, we're all collectively ignoring the poster, because of his contant trolling.
Plus y'know, this is a 'news' story from mid December 2012. ;)
delphiandomine 85 | 18,254
1 Sep 2017 #4
Merged:

Polish man burns face with iron



From the "so stupid that it cannot possibly be true" category comes a story from Elbląg in Poland, where some Polish guy managed to burn his face with an iron.

The story gets better, as it turns out that he not only cracked open a beer straight after breakfast while watching boxing, but then managed to answer the iron instead of the phone. You'd think that was more than enough misfortune for the kind of drunk that cracks open a beer straight after breakfast, but instead, he managed to smash his face off the door frame too.

Sadly, reports are unclear as to what his wife was most angry about - him burning his face, or the fact that he was on the booze before 9am. Either way, such stupidity is a natural consequence of hitting the beers at such a time in the morning.

Clearly something should be done, such as prohibiting alcohol sales before a sensible time, such as 12:30pm. This incident underlines the nature of early morning alcohol abuse and how dangerous it is.
spiritus 68 | 666
1 Sep 2017 #5
Old news.......from 2012 !
G (undercover)
1 Sep 2017 #6
From the "so stupid that it cannot possibly be true" category

So not only you fall into that category posting some years old nonsense...

Clearly something should be done, such as prohibiting alcohol sales before a sensible time, such as 12:30pm.

but also come up with your marxist "solutions"... Let's ban knives, some people use them to kill... damn commies...
Wulkan - | 3,251
1 Sep 2017 #7
From the "so stupid that it cannot possibly be true"

To make a topic of the story that happened 5 years ago and it was already posted back then? That takes 3 seconds to check this out but yeah, nobody is surprised knowing your retarded history on this forum.
Lyzko 25 | 7,009
1 Sep 2017 #8
Any more "retarded" than the former East German salesman around the time of the reunification in 1989-90 who kept going to see whom he thought was ringing the door bell to his house when it fact it was his own house phone?:-) This stuff is too stupid to make up!

lol
jon357 63 | 15,045
2 Sep 2017 #9
This stuff is too stupid to make up!

It's on a par with the woman from PL who went on holiday with her teenage daughter, the daughter came back pregnant and she tried to sue the holiday company, since she blamed the pregnancy on gobbets of jism floating in the hotel pool!
Lyzko 25 | 7,009
3 Sep 2017 #10
Ought to belong in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Joker 1 | 1,454
3 Sep 2017 #11
since she blamed the pregnancy on gobbets of jism floating in the hotel pool!

Man, thats just gross! Who would go into a pool like that!

Next time check for floaters first......Haha

Ought to belong in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Beers and Irons don't mix! LoL


Home / News / Polish man burns his head after mistaking iron for phone
BoldItalic [quote]
 
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.