The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Love  % width posts: 7

Trying to get Married in Poland - I'm English, my bride to be is Polish

alan23 1 | 2
27 Mar 2018 #1
Hi i would like to get married in Poland ,Im English my bride to be Polish,i keep hearing about a cetetificate 39,can anyone explain what this is and how i can get one,Thanks
SigSauer 4 | 413
27 Mar 2018 #2
Going through the same thing at the moment. The way I understand it is to have a court certify it after collecting your documents and getting a statement from your home of record that your legally eligible to be married, and having your documents translated into Polish via an official translator. After it gets certified you have 30 days to get married. That's roughly the way it's been explained to me. I'm sure some other members have actually done it recently.
Richthecat 8 | 68
27 Mar 2018 #3
I did this myself albeit in 2012 I will tell you What I went through

You will need

Your birth certificate the big one with your parents names and professions etc

A deed on non-impediment which can be obtained from any UK registry office (I believe this is the 039)

Your passport

In Poland you will need all these documents translated with an official Stamp

Then prior to the wedding you will have to visit the Local town hall again with a certified translator to sign some paperwork.

Next is down to the priest or person who will administer the service sometimes will require you to have a translator at the service I was lucky as my priest spoke English and was a cool dude!!! very rare in Poland. If it is not a cool priest he may want you to attend wedding preparation classes etc etc

O and are you Catholic if not you will have to go the civil route

Any questions let me know
OP alan23 1 | 2
27 Mar 2018 #4
Thanks thats a great help,one question though i have been told because im divorced i need a certifcate 39,do you know anything about that,,,,Thanks again Alan
Looker - | 1,079
27 Mar 2018 #5
certifcate 39

Maybe it is this requirement:

People who have taken a divorce within the European Union are required to attach a divorce certificate with an official translation, issued by the competent authorities in accordance with the Annex to art. 39 of the Council Regulation (EC) No 2201/2003

The law:

Article 39

Certificate concerning judgments in matrimonial matters and certificate concerning judgments on parental responsibility
Richthecat 8 | 68
28 Mar 2018 #6
I would guess this would be your Decree Absalute,

Have it translated
Your best bet is to go with you other half to the local town hall try to find someone who is not a total unhelpfull person (which will be hard and show them) what is your local town hall ie where you want to marry??
OP alan23 1 | 2
28 Mar 2018 #7
Thanks everyone for the info

Home / Love / Trying to get Married in Poland - I'm English, my bride to be is Polish
BoldItalic [quote]
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.