*checking the topic... It reads "Uptight Poles". All right. Chances are we are staying on-topic*
Try to ease up, don't be so uptight, make an attempt to understand:
1. Linux people are mostly concerned how terrible Microsoft Windows is. They are very uptight. Windows users even do not see the presence of Linux.
2. Kraków people often say bad things on Warszawa, starting with: "Warszawa? Eh, are you talking about this village up north Słomniki?" Warsaw is one of major problems for a Cracower. While Warsawers think Cracow is just an extremely nice city, former capital of Poland and make no fuss about that.
3. People such as you perceive Catholicism as vice, danger, evil incarnated, are fighting against. While most of Catholic Poles even do not see other religions exist. Why should they care?
Now, majority of Poles don't care about other religions.
Can you see what you have just done? You've just offended Catholics without any obvious reason. You are so deluded. You're so uptight! Now tell me: Are the Poles uptight or you are, man?
Antek_Stalich: nobody would really say anything against gays if not the gays were loudly and visibly fighting for they rights.
You are doing it again. You offend Polish people, especially Catholics, and without any reason. How can you claim you are tolerant? Where is tolerance in what you've just written?
Regarding homesexuals, their parades and Catholic processions, you are mixing many different concepts, trying to equalize everything but without any analytical skills.
1. Corpus Christi processions in Poland are as much traditional (cultural) as much the turkey is traditional on the U.S Independence Day. Nobody forces you to participate in a Corpus Christi procession. Nobody can force me to eat turkey. Draw.
2. The gay parades? Well, I could mention controversy around Orange Walks in N. Ireland.
3. Approach of the Catholic Poles to the gay matters. In fact, no practicing Catholic can accept homosexuality. However, Poles are really tolerant. If you do not do things in the public, you are forgiven or at least not noticed. If you do not know it, it only shows your ignorance in Polish affairs.
Let us put lunatics such as Radio Maryja followers aside. They are moron about almost anything.
Antek_Stalich: What's the problem if a foreigner shows interest in Polish women?
I don't know, either, but GrzegorzK had a lot of problems with it, and then he was bragging his d*ck was bigger than mine... One can only hope so.
Typically, Polish men are not macho. If GrzegorzK has some problems, let those be his own problems.
I felt the global warming couple days ago, with a snowfall in May
oh, wow, yeah, that proves it... yup, it's a conspiracy, big as all hell and half of Texas. No doubt about it!
Did they come up with dictionaries yet in East Bumblef*ck... er.. I mean, Brwinow? Then look up "c-l-i-m-a-t-e." Then look up "w-e-a-t-h-e-r."
"If you have doubts, look for where the money is hidden".
All this bullsh*t about global warming was just a nice opportunity for smart people to steal the money bank. You know, I've earned quite good money on that "global warming" hype. Money do not smell :-)
Do you believe in everything just because something is w-r-i-t-t-e-n? Don't you have your own mind? Occasional climate warming and cooling are natural phenomena. Down there in 14th century, Poland was making quite good wine. Later, the climate cooled down. Also, the first settlers to Greenland died out due to rapid climate change.
Now, Itsallsomethingsomething: Do you believe Poles are uptight? If you do, first ease up yourself. Wyluzuj poślady, kolego.