When posting answers can you please rate everyone who answered:)
No problem since it seems you two will be the only to rate.
1. What are the colors of Polish flag:
a. red and whiteb. white and red
c. white and red with blue triangleRed and white would be the flag of Indonesia
2. Are nonprivate university courses in Poland free?
a. yes all courses are free
b. no, only day time, working week courses are freec. as in answer b, but a second major is not free
3. Schoolkids in Poland needs to wear a uniform:
a. trueb. false
c. they don't wear it either way
Actually when I created this question I thought the correct answer would be c) but in fact it depends on school now.
During PiS goverment, a new Minister of Education Roman Giertych (from LPR) introduced in 2006 an obligation of wearing uniforms in elementary and middle schools to prevent poorer kids from being singled out. In fact it met a huge critisism - kids opposed wearing uniforms, parents complained about additional expenses. That led to abolishion of that requirement in 2008. Since them some schools still require to wear uniforms (as a inner school rule), but most don't.
4. What creature is on Polish Coat of Arms:
a. a stork
b. a bisonc. an eagle
All of those animals are in some way associated with Poland but the white eagle on red background makes the Polish Coat of Arms. It is connected with legend about progenitor of Polish nation - Lech who was inspired by an eagle where to establish his settlement.
It is said that most storks are born in Poland. European bison (in Polish: żubr) was extincted on the wilde but reintroduced. You can find żubr only in: Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Lithuania and Russia. Especially famous of żubr population is Białowieża forest. Poland was very engaged in the action of reintroduction of that spiecies.
5. What is the name of Polish anthem:a. Mazurek Dąbrowskiego
c. My, Pierwsza Brygada
6. What was the name of first dynasty rulling on Polish lands
a. Lechb. Piast
7. Every citizen of Poland has a number called:
a. NIPb. PESEL
c. Id card number
NIP = numer identyfikacji podatkowej (tax identification number) issued when you fill an application. Id card (dowód osobisty) is given to adults (in most cases). PESEL = national identification number, 6 first numbers of it are your date of birth.
8. What is celebrated on the Polish national holiday on August 15:
a. Assumption of Maryb. Battle of Warsaw
c. The end of harvest season
On that day there are celebrated 2 holidays: a religious one (Assumption of Mary) and a national one called Święto Wojska Polskiego (A Holiday of Polish Army) which is a day of Battle of Warsaw commemoration (called also the Miracle on Vistula river).
9. How many years Poland was under the partitions:a. 123
10. At what places in Poland drinking alcohol is illegal:
a. in public placesb. on streets, backyards, parks and playgrounds
c. there are no restrictions about places when a person cannot drink alcohol
You can get a ticket if you drink on the streets. However some doesn't give a toss.
11. What year the communism in Poland ended:
a. 1991b. 1989
12. What was the first capital city of Poland:
b. Biskupinc. Gniezno
Every child in Poland is taught that there were three capital cities in Polish history: Gniezno was the first, Cracow was the second and Warsaw was the third. But it's not true. I've just read that recent archeologist research revealed that Poznań was more important town in those times than Gniezno. Gniezno is near Poznań so we can certainly say that origins of Polish state are somewhere from there :) Also there were some other episodical capital cities during Poland's existense.
If you check the legend about Lech the place where he found white eagle nest he named Gniezno (nest in Polish is gniazdo)
13. What was the name of the party rulling during communism since 1948 to its fall
a. PRLb. PZPR
14. Polish Parliment is bicamerala. true
Parlament = Sejm + Senat
15. President's of Poland constitutional term in office lasts:
a. 4 yearsb. 5 years
c. 6 years
16. Polish parliment constitutionally is chosen for:
a. 3 yearsb. 4 years
c. 5 years
17. Visegrád Group wasn't formed with
a. Hungryb. Ukraine
18. In what year the first constitution of Poland was ratified:a. 1791
19. What's the name of an office which is the head of Polish goverment
a. chancellor (kanclerz)b. prime minister (premier)
c. president (prezydent)
Goverment is composed of ministers which are lead by a prime minister.
20. A person in Poland become adult at the age of
a. 17b. 18
18 can drink, smoke cigarettes, gain a driving license and vote.Mooselimb
Check if didn't made a mistakeVincent1b
.10a.11a,12a13. b. PZPR;14. a. true;
15. a. 4 years; 16. b. 4 years;17. b. Ukraine;18. a. 1791;
19. c. president (prezydent) 20. c. 21
Not bad :)