The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Law  % width posts: 11

Taxes (and national insurance contribution) for self-employment in Poland?

Jars777 20 | 70
11 Feb 2012 #1
Hi there

I am moving to Gdansk in May and are currently in negotiations with my UK employer to continue working from Poland as self-employed consultant.

Could anyone please help me with the current salary deductions i.e. what cost will I have to calculate into my business plan?

scottie1113 7 | 898
11 Feb 2012 #2
Good question. Taxes of course, although not being British I don't know what the laws are. Health insurance depending on when you're from. Then the usual-rent, electricity, gas and internet unless your employer is going to cover the costs.

I've been living in Gdansk for 4 1/2 years. It's a wonderful city. Feel free to ask me any questions. I might even be able to answer some of them.
OP Jars777 20 | 70
11 Feb 2012 #3
I'm German. What is the percentage on tax? How does it change where I'm from what to pay for health insurance?
12 Feb 2012 #4
You shoud declare to pay "linear" incom tax in you local Finanzamt - it will be 19%. As a new company you shoud pay about half of social insurance - about 500 zl /month.
OP Jars777 20 | 70
15 Feb 2012 #5
Thank you.
Do you know if I have to register for VAT and therefore then also invoice VAT on my invoices to a company in the UK?
11 Aug 2014 #6
[Moved from]: Advice from a professional/specialist about registering business, taxes and insurance in Poland?

Who to seek advice for registering for business and taxes and insurance? Is there a specific professionals/specialists in Poland for such things
12 Aug 2014 #7
So, nobody knows?
legate - | 46
12 Aug 2014 #8
In my opinion it is best to ask fo the assistance of a professional lawyer - radca prawny or adwokat (solicitor/barrister/attorney) who will help you with all formal proceedings and find you a reliable tax advisor.

If you wish, you can check our office.
2 Mar 2016 #9
Merged: Self employment taxes in Poland - advice welcomed.

Hello everyone.

I recently made the decision to start a freelancing career.

Due to the high taxes in my home country and the tension with migrants and terrorism, i have been making plans to move abroad.

Poland is one of the countries i'm strongly considering. I have visited Poland several times and i quite like the place and people. I'm also a EU citizen so i won't have to deal with visa issues.

I have read everything i can about taxation in Poland but i'm hoping to find some "first hand" experience here from people who are self-employed in Poland or from people who know more about it than me :-).


Does your tax rate change depending on the work you do? For example, what i do is related to writing, will i pay the same taxes as someone who owns a store?

Do you need start-up capital to register as self employed ? I'm assuming that as i'm in the writing business, i will probably be exempt from this, atleast that is the case in most EU countries.

Do you pay your taxes monthly or annually?

Do you need a degree in the field you are self-employed in in order to register ? I have a degree but it's completely unrelated to what i do now.

Any advice and extra tips is much appreciated.
delphiandomine 88 | 18,322
2 Mar 2016 #10
Taxation is high for the self employed here. You've got nearly 1100zł/month in compulsory social insurance contribution as well as 18/32% tax or a flat rate 19% tax without being able to make deductions.

Monthly or quarterly taxes, and you'll pay VAT if you process more than roughly 150,000zł a year in invoices, then you must register for VAT.

Furthermore, you need an accountant to deal with your taxes, so that's going to be another (as a minimum, and probably higher) 150zł+VAT a month. If you want to pay over 300 Euro/month in taxes before you even earn anything, Poland's your country.
chaffinchs - | 4
12 Mar 2016 #11
I have always wondered about the stock market and the companies with the high valued stocks, Here's the list of most expensive stocks in the stock market today.
Does anybody even buy such stocks since the future value cannot be great and whats the use of buying this much stocks when you can buy more stocks from good growing companies.

Home / Law / Taxes (and national insurance contribution) for self-employment in Poland?