The BEST Guide to POLAND
Unanswered  |  Archives 
User: Guest

Home / Law  % width posts: 10

Over stay in Poland (Canadian citizen)

7 Mar 2010 #1
I'm a Polish Canadian citizen. I entered Poland with a Canadian Passport and stayed over 90 days. If I go back to Canada will I have problems even though I have proof that I'm a citizen of Poland, I have a dowod osobisty.
McCoy 27 | 1,269
7 Mar 2010 #2
will I have problems

yes, you will be teased to death at the airport. common practice in Canada.
1jola 14 | 1,879
7 Mar 2010 #3
You had a tourist visa to Poland when you are a Polish citizen? Are you OK?

Anyway, you leave Canada on a Canadian passport and enter Poland on a Polish one. Didn't anyone tell you that?
delphiandomine 88 | 18,455
7 Mar 2010 #5
Why didn't you just enter Poland on the ID card?
opts 10 | 260
7 Mar 2010 #6
Teased or tazed?

LOL :)

Maybe both?
beelzebub - | 444
7 Mar 2010 #7
Can't enter from outside the EU on an ID card can you? Thought it had to be a passport.
8 Mar 2010 #8
True, you need a passport.

And as long as you have proof that you are a Polish citizen you should not have a problem, so dowod osobisty will do.
delphiandomine 88 | 18,455
8 Mar 2010 #9
Can't enter from outside the EU on an ID card can you? Thought it had to be a passport.

Doesn't matter where you come from - for the purposes of entering into the EU/EEA/CH, a national ID card (issued by an EU/EEA/CH state) is good enough. And as I said - it's actually illegal to use a foreign document to identify yourself to the Polish State if you already possess a Polish ID card.

The old style ID booklets on the other hand were never good enough to enter with.

If you think about connecting flights - you could fly from JFK to FRA, transit there en route to POZ - you won't go through passport control in FRA, and as far as anyone's concerned in POZ, you've came on a flight from FRA.
12 Mar 2010 #10
You have to go back under Canadian Passport if you entered Poland with it, It they say anything in Warsaw regarding your 90 days over stay then just show them your Polish passport and you will have no problems.

Home / Law / Over stay in Poland (Canadian citizen)
BoldItalic [quote]
To post as Guest, enter a temporary username or login and post as a member.